Nutrition Consultant Level 3
In a world of superfoods, fad diets and quick fixes, it is sometimes difficult to know what a healthy diet really is.
- Understand the principles of a balanced diet.
- Study the dietary needs of different age groups as well as the needs of pregnant women.
- Explore how different diets can affect your health, including deficiencies and other conditions.
- Learn how to support people in changing their diet and making better food choices.
This nutrition consultant course allows you to learn what constitutes a balanced diet according to established nutritional science and equips you with the skills and knowledge to advise others.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Boost your career opportunities and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long-term success. Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
Up to 12 months
Approximately 100 hours
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Nutrition: what is it?
- Macronutrients: carbohydrates, proteins and fats
- Micronutrients: vitamins and minerals
- How much do we need of each nutrient?
- The concept of energy balance
- A 'healthy' diet and government guidelines
- The eatwell plate
- Babies and toddlers
- School children (ages 4-10)
- Adolescents (ages 11-18)
- Older adults
- The national diet and nutrition survey
- Types of food intolerance
- Types of food allergy
- Low income and dietary adequacy
- Dietary differences in a multicultural society
- Deficiencies and dietary conditions
- Vegetarian and vegan diets
- What is a food additive?
- UK regulation of additives and E-numbers
- Food colourings
- Flavour enhancers
- Emulsifiers and stabilisers
- Convenience and fast food
- The place of fast food in a balanced diet
- Safe food storage
- Hygienic preparation
- Safe cooking methods
- General hygiene
- Food safety for vulnerable groups
- Protection against listeria, salmonella and toxoplasmosis
- Understanding and interpreting food labelling
- Influences on eating: social, economic and psychological
- Food habits, attitudes and behaviours
- Supporting specific dietary goals
- Improving the overall balance of a meal
The Nutrition Consultant course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 100 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, assignments and study guide plus tutor support by mail or email. You can start at any time.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Open Study College pen and highlighter*
- Student study planner*
- Student notebook*
- Document wallet*
* Not included with the online study option
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Once we receive your work, we will mark it and return it to you. On successful completion of the course you will achieve a Certificate of Achievement in Nutrition Consultant Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.