Sports Coaching Level 3
Improve your knowledge of what a sports coach does with this level 3 course!
- Understand the role of a sports coach and the skills you’ll need to become one.
- Learn more about the human body’s anatomy and physiology.
- Study various coaching methods and how to adapt to coach special populations.
- Develop your understanding of athletes and the ethics involved in sports coaching.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to one year
Approximately 80 hours
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Definition of sports coaching
- Skills required to be a good sports coach
- Different roles of a sports coach
- Developing a coaching philosophy
- A team philosophy
- The skeleton
- Different types of joints
- The muscular system
- The respiratory system
- The SMARTER goal-setting model
- The seven C’s of coaching credibility
- The GROW model
- The application of the GROW model to sports
- What is a special population?
- Primary-level coaching methods
- Secondary-level coaching methods
- Apply coaching techniques to special population groups
- Disability and athletic identity
- Identity, self-perception and performance
- What is meant by 'ethics'?
- The ten ethical areas in sports coaching
- Working within ethical frameworks
- Identifying specific coaching frameworks
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students will receive all course materials by postal delivery or email, plus tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education.
For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- Comprehensive study guide *
- Open Study College pen and highlighter*
- Student study planner *
- Student notebook *
- Document wallet *
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.