Personal Fitness Trainer QLS Level 3
Boost your knowledge of personal fitness training from home!
This course will allow you to:
- Understand the psychology behind exercise and lifestyle.
- Explore the bodies different systems, such as the respiratory and cardiovascular systems, and the effects exercise has on them.
- Develop personal training skills and how to conduct a programme.
- Gain an insight into business procedures and how to set yourself up as a personal fitness trainer.
Personal trainers enable faster, safer and more reliable results than training alone. They motivate clients to develop healthy habits and stay focused on achieving their goals.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
Up to one year.
Approximately 100 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Lifestyle psychology
- Assessing stage of change
- Motivational interviewing
- Exercise adherence
- Social support
- Stress management
- Exercise and stress management
- Group dynamics
- Goal setting
- Application of psychology in personal fitness training
- Functional anatomy
- Divisions of a skeleton
- Joint movements
- Ligaments and tendons
- Understanding movement
- Muscles and movement
- The cardiovascular system
- Respiratory system
- Cardiovascular disease
- Metabolism and energy systems
- Developing a programme
- Resistance training
- Myths and fallacies
- Risk factors
- Body composition
- Muscle strength and endurance
- Programme writing
- Reps, sets and resistance
- Alternative overload suggestions
- Digestion and energy sources
- Calories and weight management
- Kick start programmes
- The kinetic chain
- Sports performance
- Sports specific conditioning
- Posture and corrective exercises
- Special populations
- Business essentials
- Setting up
- How much do you want or need to earn?
- Getting clients
- Your brand
- Client experience
- Managing and keeping clients
- Growing your business
- Business planning
- Legal status
- Your business plan
The Personal Fitness Trainer course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 100 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, assignments and study guide plus tutor support by mail or email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Open Study College pen and highlighter*
- Student notebook*
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course, you will achieve a Certificate of Achievement in Personal Fitness Trainer Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.