Personal Fitness Trainer Level 3 and Nutrition Consultant Level 3
Develop the skills and knowledge you need to be one step closer to achieving your dream job as a Personal Fitness Trainer and Nutrition Consultant!
- Study the principles of a balanced diet and the concept of energy balance.
- Learn about special dietary needs during different stages of life and how diets can affect your health.
- Understand the biomechanics of the human body and exercise physiology.
- Improve your knowledge of functional training and the personal training skills and knowledge you’ll need in your career in the industry.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or by email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way.
You may start at any time and have up to two years to complete your studies, so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to two years
Approximately 200 hours
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Personal Fitness Trainer Level 3
- Lifestyle psychology
- Assessing stage of change
- Motivational interviewing
- Exercise adherence
- Social support
- Stress management
- Exercise and stress management
- Group dynamics
- Goal setting
- Application of psychology in personal fitness training
- Functional anatomy
- Divisions of a skeleton
- Joint movements
- Ligaments and tendons
- Understanding movement
- Muscles and movement
- The cardiovascular system
- Respiratory system
- Cardiovascular disease
- Metabolism and energy systems
- Developing a programme
- Resistance training
- Myths and fallacies
- Risk factors
- Body composition
- Muscle strength and endurance
- Programme writing
- Reps, sets and resistance
- Alternative overload suggestions
- Digestion and energy sources
- Calories and weight management
- Kick start programmes
- The kinetic chain
- Sports performance
- Sports specific conditioning
- Posture and corrective exercises
- Special populations
- Business essentials
- Setting up
- How much do you want or need to earn?
- Getting clients
- Your brand
- Client experience
- Managing and keeping clients
- Growing your business
- Business planning
- Legal status
- Your business plan
Nutrition Consultant Level 3
- Nutrition: what is it?
- Macronutrients: carbohydrates, proteins and fats
- Micronutrients: vitamins and minerals
- How much do we need of each nutrient?
- The concept of energy balance
- A 'healthy' diet and government guidelines
- The eatwell plate
- Babies and toddlers
- School children (ages 4-10)
- Adolescents (ages 11-18)
- Older adults
- The national diet and nutrition survey
- Types of food intolerance
- Types of food allergy
- Low income and dietary adequacy
- Dietary differences in a multicultural society
- Deficiencies and dietary conditions
- Vegetarian and vegan diets
- What is a food additive?
- UK regulation of additives and E-numbers
- Food colourings
- Flavour enhancers
- Emulsifiers and stabilisers
- Convenience and fast food
- The place of fast food in a balanced diet
- Safe food storage
- Hygienic preparation
- Safe cooking methods
- General hygiene
- Food safety for vulnerable groups
- Protection against listeria, salmonella and toxoplasmosis
- Understanding and interpreting food labelling
- Influences on eating: social, economic and psychological
- Food habits, attitudes and behaviours
- Supporting specific dietary goals
- Improving the overall balance of a meal