Personal Fitness Trainer QLS Level 3 and Nutrition Consultant QLS Level 3
Develop the skills and knowledge you need to be one step closer to achieving your dream job as a Personal Fitness Trainer and Nutrition Consultant!
- Study the principles of a balanced diet and the concept of energy balance.
- Learn about special dietary needs during different stages of life and how diets can affect your health.
- Understand the biomechanics of the human body and exercise physiology.
- Improve your knowledge of functional training and the personal training skills and knowledge you’ll need in your career in the industry.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or by email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way.
You may start at any time and have up to two years to complete your studies, so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to two years
Approximately 200 hours
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Nutrition: what is it?
- Macronutrients: carbohydrates, proteins and fats
- Micronutrients: vitamins and minerals
- How much do we need of each nutrient?
- The concept of energy balance
- A 'healthy' diet and government guidelines
- The eatwell plate
- Babies and toddlers
- School children (ages 4-10)
- Adolescents (ages 11-18)
- Older adults
- The national diet and nutrition survey
- Types of food intolerance
- Types of food allergy
- Low income and dietary adequacy
- Dietary differences in a multicultural society
- Deficiencies and dietary conditions
- Vegetarian and vegan diets
- What is a food additive?
- UK regulation of additives and E-numbers
- Food colourings
- Flavour enhancers
- Emulsifiers and stabilisers
- Convenience and fast food
- The place of fast food in a balanced diet
- Safe food storage
- Hygienic preparation
- Safe cooking methods
- General hygiene
- Food safety for vulnerable groups
- Protection against listeria, salmonella and toxoplasmosis
- Understanding and interpreting food labelling
- Influences on eating: social, economic and psychological
- Food habits, attitudes and behaviours
- Supporting specific dietary goals
- Improving the overall balance of a meal
- Lifestyle psychology
- Assessing stage of change
- Motivational interviewing
- Exercise adherence
- Social support
- Stress management
- Exercise and stress management
- Group dynamics
- Goal setting
- Application of psychology in personal fitness training
- Functional anatomy
- Divisions of a skeleton
- Joint movements
- Ligaments and tendons
- Understanding movement
- Muscles and movement
- The cardiovascular system
- Respiratory system
- Cardiovascular disease
- Metabolism and energy systems
- Developing a programme
- Resistance training
- Myths and fallacies
- Risk factors
- Body composition
- Muscle strength and endurance
- Programme writing
- Reps, sets and resistance
- Alternative overload suggestions
- Digestion and energy sources
- Calories and weight management
- Kick start programmes
- The kinetic chain
- Sports performance
- Sports specific conditioning
- Posture and corrective exercises
- Special populations
- Business essentials
- Setting up
- How much do you want or need to earn?
- Getting clients
- Your brand
- Client experience
- Managing and keeping clients
- Growing your business
- Business planning
- Legal status
- Your business plan
The Personal Fitness Trainer and Nutrition Consultant courses are both assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 200 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, study guide and full tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.