Criminology Level 3
Delve into the world of criminology with a flexible home learning course.
- This is an ideal course for anyone wanting to pursue a career in criminology
- Improve your awareness of how the criminal justice system is administered in society
- Boost your career opportunities and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long-term success
Criminology is relevant to a range of professions within the police force, the criminal justice system, government, security management and social work, to name just a few!
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. Completed coursework is delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple. You will also have a personal tutor who will be there to offer support every step of the way.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Criminology Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- The complex and diverse nature of defining crime
- How crime is measured
- Police recording of crime and the Crime Survey of England and Wales
- Key criminological theories
- Assess dominant views of crime
- Theories with statistical data
- Traditional and Neo Marxist views on crime
- Right realist views
- Fully social theory with statistical data
- What constitutes violent crime
- Different constructions of violent crime
- Key theories of violent criminality
- Critique dominant discourses
- The main functions of the police service
- How policing has changed over the last 100 years
- The role of policing
- Assess the future direction of the police service
- Different theories of punishment;
- The merits of different views on punishment;
- The dominant use of prison as a form of punishment in the UK
- Using statistical evidence that capital punishment acts as a deterrent
The criminology course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you by email, meaning receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website. This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Once we receive your work, we will mark it and return it to you. On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Criminology Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.