Forensic Psychology QLS Level 3
Delve deep into the fascinating world of forensic psychology with this interactive and engaging course.
- Study psychological principles and theories used to understand criminal behaviour
- Discover how criminal profiling can assist in the detection of crime
- Pursue your career in a subject that is vitally important for the criminal justice system
- Gain an excellent foundation for further studies in psychology and forensic science
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Forensic Psychology Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- Introduction to forensic psychology
- Law and forensic psychology
- Insanity plea
- Biological (genetic, biochemical)
- Personality theories
- Psychological explanations
- Social learning theory
- Media and crime
- Attachment theory
- Criminological theories
- Deviation from social norms (DSN)
- Failure to function adequately (FFA)
- Cognitive approach to abnormal psychology
- Behavioural psychology
- Psychopathy and antisocial personality disorder
- Dissociative identity disorder
- Risk factors
- Children who kill
- Structure clinical judgement
- Unstructured clinical judgement
- DSM Criteria for ASPD
- Psychopathy checklist
- Assessing risk: predicting recidivism and harm on parole
- Inductive and deductive reasoning
- Approaches to profiling
- Type of crime scene
- Personality attributes
- Geographical profiling
- Victim attack method
- Models and typologies of rape
- Theories of rape (anger, sadism)
- Sexual abuse and paedophilia
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students will receive all course materials by postal delivery or online, plus tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.