Private Investigation Level 3
Improve your knowledge and find out more about the role of a private investigator with this level 3 course!
- Learn more about the role of a private investigator and the attributes you’ll need
- Discover what the key legislative and licensing aspects you will need to be aware of
- Understand the different types of investigation and surveillance involved in private investigation
- Improve your business knowledge and learn how to set up your own private investigation business
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
Your materials will be posted or sent to you via email, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. Our experienced and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to one year.
Approximately 80 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- The role of a private investigator (PI)
- Attributes of a PI
- The history of private investigation
- Key legislation
- Keeping information secure
- The Leveson Inquiry
- Personal preparation
- Technical preparation
- Logistical preparation
- General inquiries
- Process serving
- Personal accident
- Criminal defence
- Missing persons
- The process of investigation
- What is due diligence?
- Areas explored in a due diligence check
- Limitations of due diligence
- What are background checks?
- How to carry out a background check
- Setting up a business
- What's in a name?
- Your business plan
- Organisational structure
- Marketing plan
- Financial plan
- Client list
- Legal issues
- Future direction and business development
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students will receive all course materials by postal delivery or email, plus tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.