Crime Scene Investigation CSI QLS Level 3
Gain a fascinating insight into crime scene investigation.
- This is an ideal course for those interested in working within forensic science, criminology, the police force and the criminal justice system
- Designed for those who wish to gain a broad knowledge base of how crime scenes are investigated and dealt with
- Study the collection of biological evidence such as DNA and fingerprinting
- Understand the proper methods of collecting evidence from crime scenes where there is a dead body present
This course focuses on the work of forensic science professionals, taking you through crime scene management and what procedures are necessary for a thorough crime scene investigation.
The course will finally conclude with an outline of how evidence from a CSI case is presented in a court room before a judge.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Crime Scene Investigation CSI Level 3.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- What is Forensic Science?
- Locards Principle of Exchange
- The beginnings of forensic science
- Who and what?
- Specialist forensic services
- Identifying a crime scene
- The location of the scene
- Crime scene procedures
- Key areas of biological forensic evidence
- DNA Extraction
- Blood spatter analysis
- Removing forensic evidence from a body
- Fingerprints from the deceased
- Making an impression
- Crime scene risk assessments
- Legislation affecting the recovery of forensic evidence
- Packaged for success
- Recovering the item
- Sealing and labelling evidence
- Reporting the findings
- Different forms of packaging
- Chain of Evidence
- Writing a Statement
- Advocate: assessing witness reliability
- The court system
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Crime Scene Investigation CSI Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.