Criminal Psychology Level 3
Gain an insight into criminal psychology, from home!
- Evaluate the current causes and explanations for criminal behaviour
- Study the psychological and social theories relevant to our understanding of criminality
- Study a course that is relevant to careers in law, the police force, social work and research
- Apply your theoretical knowledge to real-life case studies
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
Up to 1 yea
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Criminal Psychology Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- Historical explanations
- Genetic explanations
- Biochemical explanations
- Neurological explanations
- Personality theories
- Social learning theory
- Media and crime
- Psychodynamic theory
- Vulnerabilities towards crime
- Sub-cultural theories
- Strain theory
- Status Frustration
- Differential Association
- Environmental Theory
- Social Bond Theory
- Risk Factors
- Relative Deprivation
- Diagnosing abnormal behaviour
- Cognitive approaches
- Beck's Negative Triad
- Psychopathy and Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Behavioural Theory
- Cognitive Theory
- Life Events
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Eyewitness testimony
- Leading question
- Anxiety and weapon effect
- Cognitive interview
- Detecting deception
- Juries and sentencing
- Mary Bell
- Thompson and Venables
- Kip Kinkel
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor to be marked. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
The course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students will receive all course materials by postal delivery or online, plus tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website. This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.