NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Retail Knowledge
Kick-start your career in retail from home!
- Gain an NCFE qualification in retail knowledge.
- Understand customer service in the retail sector.
- Explore the retail selling process.
- Investigate the development of personal and team effectiveness in a retail business.
As well as providing an excellent knowledge base in retail, this course is ideal for those considering a career in the retail industry such as a sales assistant, supervisor/team leader or visual merchandiser. The course is also perfect for those that want to develop their knowledge in retail, learners already working in the retail sector looking to progress or those wanting to boost their CV with a recognised qualification.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 160 hours.
Your will receive an NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Retail Knowledge.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Importance of customer loyalty to a retail business
- Relationship between standards of customer service and customer loyalty
- Know how retail businesses ensure customer service and standards are met
- Understand how customer complaints are resolved in a retail business
- How customer service is monitored in a retail business
- Health and safety responsibilities of employees and employers
- Management of potential risks to health and safety of the premises of a retail business
- Management of emergency procedures on the premises of a retail business
- Management of accidents in the retail environment
- Communication techniques to help the customer chose products
- Benefits and maintenance of product knowledge
- Legislation relating to selling in the retail environment
- Techniques for maximising sales
- Retirement process
- How individuals and teams are developed within a retail business
- Effective communication within retail teams
- How conflict is resolved within teams in the retail business
- Link between improved personal performance and improved business performance
- How to review the personal performance of retail team members
- General principles of employment law
- Range of security risks faced by a retail business
- Effects which crime has on a retail business and its staff
- The loss prevention procedures used in a retail business
- Security incidents should be dealt with
- Carrying out an assessment of security risk
- How the receipt and storage of stock is managed
- Importance of having sufficient resources
- Information needed by staff
- Legal requirements relating to stock management
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments. These assignments will then be sent and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required for this course.
Once enrolled, you can start at any time and have 12 months to complete your studies. This course will take you approximately 160 hours and will allow you to study at your own pace and in your own time, without the pressure of tight deadlines. This means that learning around your other commitments is stress-free and convenient.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you online, so receiving your materials is easy. You will also receive personal tutor support by email, so help is only a click away. All coursework can be submitted by either post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
You will receive an NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Retail Knowledge.
NCFE are a national Awarding Organisation that offer a wide range of regulated qualifications. Each of their qualifications is regulated by one or more of these organisations: Ofqual, Qualifications Wales, CCEA or SQA Accreditation.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your assignments to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded an NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Retail Knowledge.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.