Nursery Management and Nutrition for Young Children Level 3
This bundle course is ideal for those considering a career in a nursery or pre-school management role.
- Improve your knowledge of how to effectively manage nursery staff and create a positive nursery environment.
- Understand how to safeguard children in your setting and ensure that safe working practises are adopted.
- Study the principles of a balanced diet and the negative impacts of childhood obesity.
- Learn how to meet the nutritional needs of both pre-school and school aged children.
You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free. All your course materials will be delivered to you by post, so it couldn’t be simpler. Our experienced and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to two years.
Approximately 150 hours.
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Nursery Management Level 3
- Effective communication
- The appraisal process and logging staff records
- Disciplinary procedures and grievance issues
- Employment policies for the recruitment and management of staff
- Definition of child abuse
- Forms of child abuse
- Policies, legislation and guidelines for safeguarding children
- Roles and responsibilities of staff
- Reporting an incident
- The child protection conference
- Safe working practices in the nursery setting for children and staff
- Health and safety at different stages of child development
- Procedures for good hygiene
- First aid
- Types of learning
- Detrimental issues and learning
- The importance of differentiation
- Planning learning with the support of assessments
- Summative assessments
- Referral to third parties
- Risk assessment
- Communication for play and learning
- The play cycle
- The importance of play for young children
- Play equipment and space in the nursery setting
- Outdoor play space
- Indoor play space
- Health and safety for the play space
Nutrition For Young Children Level 3
- Nutrients that comprise our food
- How our bodies use these nutrients
- The effect of nutrients
- The effects of nutritional imbalance
- Current guidelines for healthy eating
- Nutrition - preconception and during pregnancy
- Milk feeding
- Common feeding problems in infants
- Nutrition for preterm infants
- Main dietary principles for good nutrition in the 1-4 year age group
- Common challenges of providing a balanced diet for children aged between 1-4 years
- Challenges of providing a balanced diet within childcare settings
- Core components of nutritionally beneficial meal plans for children of this age group
- Challenges of providing good nutrition for school aged children
- Range of factors which influence nutritional choice within this age group
- Potential risk factors within this age group associated with nutritional imbalance
- Strategies and schemes that can be used to address some of the nutritional challenges within this age group
- Food allergies and intolerance
- Medical conditions that require dietary modification
- Advising parents
- Main nutritional problems which contribute to the rising incidence of childhood obesity
- Negative impacts of childhood obesity in terms of health and wellbeing
- Risk factors for diabetes associated with childhood obesity
- How childhood obesity can impact future health and wellbeing into adulthood