Nutrition For Young Children Level 3
Gain an insight into nutrition for young people, from home!
- Understand the basic principles of a balanced diet
- Gain an insight into specific dietary needs for pregnant women, infants and breast-feeding mothers
- Identify the dietary needs of children
- Recognise the factors that can influence diet and the consequences of poor nutrition on health and wellbeing
- Explore nutritional challenges for children with chronic conditions
- Investigate the implications of infant and child obesity for health and wellbeing into adulthood
This course will allow you to study the principles of childhood nutrition from prenatal through to adulthood including the important topics of allergies and childhood obesity.
You will receive your course by post or email, so getting your materials is easy and hassle-free. Your personal tutor is there to support you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Start your journey and develop your skills and knowledge today and join over 90,000 students that already have!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 100 hours.
Nutrition for Young Children Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor marked assignments.
- Nutrients that comprise our food
- How our bodies use these nutrients
- The effect of nutrients
- The effects of nutritional imbalance
- Current guidelines for healthy eating
- Nutrition - preconception and during pregnancy
- Milk feeding
- Common feeding problems in infants
- Nutrition for preterm infants
- Main dietary principles for good nutrition in the 1-4 year age group
- Common challenges of providing a balanced diet for children aged between 1-4 years
- Challenges of providing a balanced diet within childcare settings
- Core components of nutritionally beneficial meal plans for children of this age group
- Challenges of providing good nutrition for school aged children
- Range of factors which influence nutritional choice within this age group
- Potential risk factors within this age group associated with nutritional imbalance
- Strategies and schemes that can be used to address some of the nutritional challenges within this age group
- Food allergies and intolerance
- Medical conditions that require dietary modification
- Advising parents
- Main nutritional problems which contribute to the rising incidence of childhood obesity
- Negative impacts of childhood obesity in terms of health and wellbeing
- Risk factors for diabetes associated with childhood obesity
- How childhood obesity can impact future health and wellbeing into adulthood
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You will have up to a full year to complete this course, which is plenty of time to be able to study at your own pace.
You will study this course through distance learning, which means you can learn at a time and place to suit you. Your course materials will be delivered to you by post, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. Tutor support is also available by email, so help is only a click away! You will send your assignments to your tutor for marking. Assignments can be sent by email or post, it’s up to you!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Exclusive Open Study College Pen
- * Student study planner
- * Three colour highlighter
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, this course is based on coursework alone.
No, everything is included in the cost of the course.
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Nutrition for Young Children Level 3 certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.