Child Care and Nursery Management Level 3
Gain in-depth knowledge in child care and nursery management, from home!
- Explore how to provide a healthy and enriching care environment for toddlers and young children
- Learn about the nature of children's development and use this knowledge to develop a sound and well-informed approach to child care
- Ensure your knowledge of health and safety, as well as procedures for safeguarding young children in your care
- Study how to become an effective and skilful manager of a nursery environment
Would you like to study Child Care and develop the skills to become a Nursery Manager, too?
If you’re thinking of working with pre-school children in a day centre or nursery, this course can help you increase your skills and give you a head start for working towards a managerial role.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
Child Care Level 3 and Nursery Management Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Child Care Level 3
- What is a 'healthy lifestyle?'
- Healthy eating
- Activities for young children
- Well-being for children and their families
- Documentation required for a home child care business
- Intellectual development
- Supervision and travel to destinations away from the child care setting
- Good health and safety practices indoors and outdoors
- Current legal requirements
- Respecting and valuing individuality
- How to deal with conflict
- Types of foods that should be avoided
- Special dietary requirements
- Childhood chronic diseases and how they can affect development
- Government guidelines on food and nutrition
- Data Protection Act
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date information
- Methods and systems for recording financial information
- Tax and VAT
- Storing data
- Using ICT
- Safety concerns
- Literacy, language and communication
- Numeracy, reasoning skills and problem-solving
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Creative development
Nursery Management Level 3
- Effective communication
- The appraisal process and logging staff records
- Disciplinary procedures and grievance issues
- Employment policies for the recruitment and management of staff
- Definition of child abuse
- Forms of child abuse
- Policies, legislation and guidelines for safeguarding children
- Roles and responsibilities of staff
- Reporting an incident
- The child protection conference
- Safe working practices in the nursery setting for children and staff
- Health and safety at different stages of child development
- Procedures for good hygiene
- First aid
- Types of learning
- Detrimental issues and learning
- The importance of differentiation
- Planning learning with the support of assessments
- Summative assessments
- Referral to third parties
- Risk assessment
- Communication for play and learning
- The play cycle
- The importance of play for young children
- Play equipment and space in the nursery setting
- Outdoor play space
- Indoor play space
- Health and safety for the play space
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
This course will enable you to work when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you, whichever you choose. You will also receive our amazing tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificate’s of Achievement. One from ABC Awards and Certa Awards for the Nursery Management Level 3 course which includes a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Learners will also receive a Certificate of Achievement from Training Qualifications UK (TQUK) for the Child Care Level 3 course.
The Nursery Management Level 3 course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
The Child Care Level 3 course has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK. This means Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses’ it offers meet a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Exclusive Open Study College Pen
- * Student study planner
- * Three colour highlighter
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Each assignment is marked by your tutor. Once all coursework has been completed successfully, you will be awarded your Child Care Level 3 and Nursery Management Level 3 Certificates.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.