Nursery Management QLS Level 3
Childcare has become an increasingly popular career choice in recent years. Study our nursery management level 3 course, from home!
- Study how to manage nursery staff effectively, including communication, recruitment policies and appraisal processes.
- Understand how to safeguard children in the setting and the legislation involved.
- Learn how to create a positive nursery environment and ensure the health and safety children and staff alike.
- Improve your knowledge of the importance of play for young children, including indoor and outdoor play.
This course has been designed to meet the needs of those wishing to enter a management-level career in a nursery or pre-school childcare setting.
All nursery and pre-school environments require good management to provide the best possible care for young children, which is where this course can help you!
Understand how you can be a well-informed, effective manager in a child-care setting in this level 3 course.
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
You choose whether you want to study this course online or as a paper-based hard copy. All your course materials will then be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be simpler. Our experienced and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to one year
Approximately 80 hours
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
- Effective communication
- The appraisal process and logging staff records
- Disciplinary procedures and grievance issues
- Employment policies for the recruitment and management of staff
- Definition of child abuse
- Forms of child abuse
- Policies, legislation and guidelines for safeguarding children
- Roles and responsibilities of staff
- Reporting an incident
- The child protection conference
- Safe working practices in the nursery setting for children and staff
- Health and safety at different stages of child development
- Procedures for good hygiene
- First aid
- Types of learning
- Detrimental issues and learning
- The importance of differentiation
- Planning learning with the support of assessments
- Summative assessments
- Referral to third parties
- Risk assessment
- Communication for play and learning
- The play cycle
- The importance of play for young children
- Play equipment and space in the nursery setting
- Outdoor play space
- Indoor play space
- Health and safety for the play space
The Nursery Management course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
Once we receive your work, we will mark it and return it to you. On successful completion of the course you will achieve Nursery Management Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.