Nursery Management and Nutrition for Young Children QLS Level 3
Ideal for anyone currently working in a nursery setting, this Nursery Management and Nutrition for Young Children QLS Level 3 bundle course will help you to progress your career.
- This course is a great addition to your CV which will help you to start working towards achieving a career in child care.
- Study relevant topics that will provide you with the knowledge you need to manage a nursery effectively.
- Learn the essentials of meeting the nutritional needs of young children.
- Study this bundle course at your own pace from home.
This Nursery Management and Nutrition for Young Children QLS Level 3 course is a knowledge-based course that will allow you to develop your knowledge and understanding of working in and managing an early years setting. This course can support your CV with extra knowledge if you currently work in a nursery setting and plan to move into a management role.
During the nutrition for young children section of your course, you will cover topics such as the main dietary principles for good nutrition for pre-school children; providing nutrition for children with food allergies, intolerances, or medical conditions; and the principles of a balanced diet.
The nursery management section of your course will teach you how to create a positive nursery environment and ensure the health and safety of children and staff alike. Improve your knowledge of the importance of play for young children, including indoor and outdoor play.
Up to two years.
Approximately 150 hours.
You will receive two certificates of achievement from in Nursery Management QLS Level 3 and Nutrition for Young Children QLS Level 3 the Quality License Scheme.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Effective communication
- The appraisal process and logging staff records
- Disciplinary procedures and grievance issues
- Employment policies for the recruitment and management of staff
- Definition of child abuse
- Forms of child abuse
- Policies, legislation, and guidelines for safeguarding children
- Roles and responsibilities of staff
- Reporting an incident
- The child protection conference
- Safe working practices in the nursery setting for children and staff
- Health and safety at different stages of child development
- Procedures for good hygiene
- First aid
- Types of learning
- Detrimental issues and learning
- The importance of differentiation
- Planning learning with the support of assessments
- Summative assessments
- Referral to third parties
- Risk assessment
- Communication for play and learning
- The play cycle
- The importance of play for young children
- Play equipment and space in the nursery setting
- Outdoor play space
- Indoor play space
- Health and safety for the play space
- Nutrients that comprise our food
- How our bodies use these nutrients
- The effect of nutrients
- The effects of nutritional imbalance
- Current guidelines for healthy eating
- Nutrition - preconception and during pregnancy
- Milk feeding
- Common feeding problems in infants
- Nutrition for preterm infants
- Main dietary principles for good nutrition in the 1-4 year age group
- Common challenges of providing a balanced diet for children aged between 1-4 years
- Challenges of providing a balanced diet within childcare settings
- Core components of nutritionally beneficial meal plans for children of this age group
- Challenges of providing good nutrition for school aged children
- Range of factors which influence nutritional choice within this age group
- Potential risk factors within this age group associated with nutritional imbalance
- Strategies and schemes that can be used to address some of the nutritional challenges within this age group
- Food allergies and intolerance
- Medical conditions that require dietary modification
- Advising parents
- Main nutritional problems which contribute to the rising incidence of childhood obesity
- Negative impacts of childhood obesity in terms of health and wellbeing
- Risk factors for diabetes associated with childhood obesity
- How childhood obesity can impact future health and wellbeing into adulthood
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have two full years to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 150 hours to complete. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This bundle course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive two certificates of achievement. You will receive a certificate of achievement in Nursery Management QLS Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme, as well as a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course. You will also receive a certificate of achievement in Nutrition for Young Children QLS Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme and a second learner unit summary.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. The course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme who endorse high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Both sections of this course have been benchmarked at level three against level descriptors published by Ofqual to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
The Quality License Scheme’s endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
You do not need any previous knowledge or experience to enrol on this course. However, it may be beneficial to your career in child care if you have a level 2 qualification in literacy and numeracy.
You may start at any time and have two full years to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated student support from our student services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with detailed feedback and pointers for your next assignment.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.