Nursery Management and Nutrition for Young Children Level 3
This bundle course is ideal for those considering a career in a nursery or pre-school management role.
- Improve your knowledge of how to effectively manage nursery staff and create a positive nursery environment.
- Understand how to safeguard children in your setting and ensure that safe working practises are adopted.
- Study the principles of a balanced diet and the negative impacts of childhood obesity.
- Learn how to meet the nutritional needs of both pre-school and school aged children.
You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free. All your course materials will be delivered to you by post, so it couldn’t be simpler. Our experienced and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to two years.
Approximately 150 hours.
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Nursery Management Level 3
- Effective communication
- The appraisal process and logging staff records
- Disciplinary procedures and grievance issues
- Employment policies for the recruitment and management of staff
- Definition of child abuse
- Forms of child abuse
- Policies, legislation and guidelines for safeguarding children
- Roles and responsibilities of staff
- Reporting an incident
- The child protection conference
- Safe working practices in the nursery setting for children and staff
- Health and safety at different stages of child development
- Procedures for good hygiene
- First aid
- Types of learning
- Detrimental issues and learning
- The importance of differentiation
- Planning learning with the support of assessments
- Summative assessments
- Referral to third parties
- Risk assessment
- Communication for play and learning
- The play cycle
- The importance of play for young children
- Play equipment and space in the nursery setting
- Outdoor play space
- Indoor play space
- Health and safety for the play space
Nutrition For Young Children Level 3
- Nutrients that comprise our food
- How our bodies use these nutrients
- The effect of nutrients
- The effects of nutritional imbalance
- Current guidelines for healthy eating
- Nutrition - preconception and during pregnancy
- Milk feeding
- Common feeding problems in infants
- Nutrition for preterm infants
- Main dietary principles for good nutrition in the 1-4 year age group
- Common challenges of providing a balanced diet for children aged between 1-4 years
- Challenges of providing a balanced diet within childcare settings
- Core components of nutritionally beneficial meal plans for children of this age group
- Challenges of providing good nutrition for school aged children
- Range of factors which influence nutritional choice within this age group
- Potential risk factors within this age group associated with nutritional imbalance
- Strategies and schemes that can be used to address some of the nutritional challenges within this age group
- Food allergies and intolerance
- Medical conditions that require dietary modification
- Advising parents
- Main nutritional problems which contribute to the rising incidence of childhood obesity
- Negative impacts of childhood obesity in terms of health and wellbeing
- Risk factors for diabetes associated with childhood obesity
- How childhood obesity can impact future health and wellbeing into adulthood
The Nursery Management and Nutrition for Young Children course assessments take the form of a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. Throughout these two years, you will also receive tutor support, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 150 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
This course will enable you to work when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- Comprehensive study guide
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
- Document wallet
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Once we receive your work we will mark it and return it to you. On successful completion of the course you will achieve two Certificates of Achievement in Nursery Management Level 3 and Nutrition for Young Children Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.
You may also like
£449.00 – £499.00
or £or £16.81 per month
£449.00 – £489.00
or £or £16.81 per month
£449.00 – £489.00
or £or £16.81 per month