Child Care and Child Psychology
Study Child Care and Child Psychology, from home!
- Gain an insight into the different types of child care settings, such as nursery, pre-school, and child minding from home.
- Learn about the legal requirements of caring for children.
- Study the growth and development of babies and young children.
- Join one of the most fascinating areas of psychology, which is important for knowledge of social development, child care and education.
- Benefit from the real-life applications of child psychology in a wide range of careers and parenthood.
This two-course bundle, which combines Level 3 Child Care and Level 3 Child Psychology, will cover all that you need to know to get started in the subjects.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
Child Care Level 3 and Child Psychology Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Child Care Level 3
- What is a 'healthy lifestyle?'
- Healthy eating
- Activities for young children
- Well-being for children and their families
- Documentation required for a home child care business
- Intellectual development
- Supervision and travel to destinations away from the child care setting
- Good health and safety practices indoors and outdoors
- Current legal requirements
- Respecting and valuing individuality
- How to deal with conflict
- Types of foods that should be avoided
- Special dietary requirements
- Childhood chronic diseases and how they can affect development
- Government guidelines on food and nutrition
- Data Protection Act
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date information
- Methods and systems for recording financial information
- Tax and VAT
- Storing data
- Using ICT
- Safety concerns
- Literacy, language and communication
- Numeracy, reasoning skills and problem-solving
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Creative development
Child Psychology Level 3
- How can we define childhood?
- Historical perspectives of childhood
- Emergence of psychology
- Psychoanalytical perspective
- Classical conditioning
- Changing behaviour
- The cognitive, physiological, scientific, humanistic and evolutionary approaches to psychology
- Research methods in psychology
- Child psychology tools
- Nature/nurture debate
- Bowlby's theory
- Innate programming
- Different types of attachment
- Disruption of attachment
- The child's first relationship
- Understanding language
- Cognitive structure and input
- Plurals, syntax and grammar
- The relevance of language to child psychology
- Vision and cognitive development
- Hearing and cognitive development
- Social learning theory
- Cognitive priming
- Kohlberg's perspective
- Eisenberg's perspective
- Emotion and morality
- Temperament and emotional development
- Memory and memory processes
- Short- and long-term memory
- Models of memory
- Prenatal memory and learning
- From memory to mental activity
- The organisation of children's minds
- How children view others in their world
- How does all this relate to child psychology?
- Having a sense of gender
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
This course will enable you to work when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our amazing tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificate’s of Achievement. One from ABC Awards and Certa Awards for the Child Psychology Level 3 course which includes a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course). Learners will also receive a Certificate of Achievement from Training Qualifications UK (TQUK) for the Child Care Level 3 course.
The Child Psychology Level 3 course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
The Child Care Level 3 course has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK. This means Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses’ it offers meet a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Exclusive Open Study College Pen
- * Student study planner
- * Three colour highlighter
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. We will issue certification based on your coursework alone.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Each assignment is marked by your tutor. Once all coursework has been completed successfully, you will be awarded your Child Care Level 3 and Child Psychology Level 3 Certificates.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.