Child Care and Child Psychology
Develop your knowledge of the essential topics in child care and child psychology with this Child Care and Child Psychology course!
- This course is a great addition to your CV which will help you to begin your career in child care.
- Study relevant topics that will provide you with the knowledge you need to work effectively in a child care environment.
- Learn the essentials of child psychology to support you in your child care role.
- Study this bundle course at your own pace from home.
This Child Care and Child Psychology Level 3 course is a knowledge-based course that will allow you to develop your knowledge and understanding of working in child care and provide you with a foundation of knowledge in child psychology to support your work. It is ideal for anyone working in a child care setting who wishes to expand their knowledge, or someone considering a career in child care.
During the child care section of this bundle course, you will learn how to promote the wellbeing and healthy lifestyle of children in the setting, as well as gaining an understanding of chronic childhood diseases, the administrative procedures involved in a child care setting, and the learning and development of young children.
The child psychology section of your course will cover topics such as how children develop attachment and form relationships, the way in which their memory works to support their learning; and their emotional, social, and moral development.
Up to two years.
Approximately 160 hours.
You will receive a certificate of achievement in Child Care Level 3 from TQUK, and a certificate of achievement in Child Psychology QLS Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- What is a healthy lifestyle?
- Healthy eating
- Activities for young children
- Wellbeing for children and their families
- Documentation required for a home child care business
- Intellectual development
- Supervision and travel to destinations away from the child care setting
- Good health and safety practices indoors and outdoors
- Current legal requirements
- Respecting and valuing individuality
- How to deal with conflict
- Types of foods that should be avoided
- Special dietary requirements
- Childhood chronic diseases and how they can affect development
- Government guidelines on food and nutrition
- Data Protection Act
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date information
- Methods and systems for recording financial information
- Tax and VAT
- Storing data
- Using ICT
- Safety concerns
- Literacy, language and communication
- Numeracy, reasoning skills and problem-solving
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Creative development
- How can we define childhood?
- Historical perspectives of childhood
- Emergence of psychology
- Psychoanalytical perspective
- Classical conditioning
- Changing behaviour
- The cognitive, physiological, scientific, humanistic and evolutionary approaches to psychology
- Research methods in psychology
- Child psychology tools
- Nature/nurture debate
- Bowlby's theory
- Innate programming
- Different types of attachment
- Disruption of attachment
- The child's first relationship
- Understanding language
- Cognitive structure and input
- Plurals, syntax and grammar
- The relevance of language to child psychology
- Vision and cognitive development
- Hearing and cognitive development
- Social learning theory
- Cognitive priming
- Kohlberg's perspective
- Eisenberg's perspective
- Emotion and morality
- Temperament and emotional development
- Memory and memory processes
- Short- and long-term memory
- Models of memory
- Prenatal memory and learning
- From memory to mental activity
- The organisation of children's minds
- How children view others in their world
- How does all this relate to child psychology?
- Having a sense of gender
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have two full years to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 160 hours to complete. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This bundle course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive two certificates of achievement. You will receive a certificate of achievement in Child Psychology QLS Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme, as well as a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course. You will also receive a Child Care Level 3 certificate of achievement from Training Qualifications UK (TQUK).
The Quality License Scheme
The child psychology section of this course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. The course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme who endorse high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
The child psychology section of this course has been benchmarked at level three against level descriptors published by Ofqual to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
The Quality License Scheme’s endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The child care section of this course has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learner or employer requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK, meaning Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses they offer are to a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at level three against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
If after completing this course, you decide to pursue a career in child care and wish to become a qualified nursery nurse, we recommend studying our NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) course.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on this course.
You may start at any time and have two full years to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with detailed feedback and pointers for your next assignment.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.