Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
This TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration course will help you develop your knowledge to help your career in business administration flourish.
- Accredited qualification that demonstrates your understanding and competence.
- This business administration course is applicable to various job roles and industries, allowing you to make the business you work in more productive and efficient.
- Study your course from home at your own pace.
This Level 3 Business Administration course is ideal for anyone working in a role related to business administration. Roles relevant to this course include administration team leaders, personal assistants, and administration executives or officers. It is perfect for anyone working in administration who wants to take the next step in their career and demonstrate the capabilities in business administration.
During your studies, you’ll explore the principles of administration and business, covering areas such as chairing meetings, budgeting, growth, and events. You will also learn more about manage the performance of a team, how to manage an office facility, and how to administer the recruitment and selection process.
This Business Administration course will provide you with the professional skills and knowledge you need to make a real impact in your role and become more productive. After completing your studies, you could consider studying a higher level business course such as Business Management Level 4 or a leadership and management course.
Up to one year.
On successful completion of this course, you will achieve a Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration from TQUK.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however you must be aged 16 or over.
Written tutor marked assessments.
- Understand business communication models, systems and processes.
- Be able to communicate in writing in business.
- Be able to communicate verbally in business.
- Be able to identify personal and professional development requirements.
- Be able to fulfil a personal and professional development plan.
- Be able to maintain the relevance of a personal and professional development plan.
- Understand negotiation in a business environment.
- Understand how to develop and deliver presentations.
- Understand how to create bespoke business documents.
- Understand information systems in a business environment.
- Understand how to manage an office facility.
- Understand health and safety in a business environment.
- Understand how to take minutes of meetings.
- Understand how to chair, lead and manage meetings.
- Understand how to supervise an administration team.
- Understand how to organise events.
- Understand business markets.
- Understand business innovation and growth.
- Understand financial management.
- Understand business budgeting.
- Understand sales and marketing.
- Understand how to prepare business documents.
- Be able to prepare business documents.
- Be able to distribute business documents.
- Understand the organisational aspects of equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Understand the personal aspects of equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Be able to support equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Understand the management of team performance.
- Be able to allocate and assure the quality of work.
- Be able to manage communications within a team.
- Use email software tools and techniques to compose and send messages.
- Manage use of email software effectively.
- Understand the principles of effective decision making.
- Understand leadership styles and models.
- Understand the role, functions and processes of management.
- Understand performance measurement.
- Understand the management of an office facility.
- Be able to manage and maintain an office facility.
- Understand the maintenance of stationery and supplies.
- Be able to maintain stocks of stationery and supplies.
- Be able to issue stock of stationery and supplies.
- Understand the recruitment and selection process.
- Be able to administer the recruitment process.
- Be able to administer the selection process.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. However, you will need to be aged 16 or over to enrol on this course.
It is advised that you have at least a level 2 qualification (e.g. GCSE) in English and maths or the equivalent. We would also recommend that you have some experience in a business or administration role, although this is not a formal requirement.
You will have up to one year to complete your course, which is plenty of time to ensure you are able to study for your course at your own pace. The approximate study time is 282 hours, but you can take as much or as little time as you need.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed your tutor marked assessments, you will receive your Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration certificate from TQUK.
This qualification is assessed internally through a series of written tutor marked assessments. You will complete a tutor marked assessment for each unit.
You do not need to complete any external assessments or exams , however your assignments will be subject to both internal and external moderation.
You will also be required to provide evidence gained in the workplace as part of your end of unit assessments. This will involve providing a reflective testimony or witness account of real-life situations or personal practice. Therefore, you will need to either be working in a business environment or be able to complete a placement in a relevant workplace to allow you to gather this evidence.
The course itself has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learner or employer requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK, meaning Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses they offer are to a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at level three against level descriptors published by Ofqual.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
As part of your assessment, you will need to provide work-based evidence. To do this, you will need to either be already working in a relevant role or be able to complete a placement in a business or administration environment.
No, there are no additional fees for this course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.