IT and Computing Level 4 and 5
Develop your skills in IT and computing from home and achieve an Ofqual regulated Level 4 and 5 Diploma in IT and Computing.
- Study systems analysis and design and how it relates to business processes and information.
- Explore the elements of project management that are key to the success of IT projects.
- Understand the role of systems engineering in the development of new software and using modelling approaches.
- Learn more about the strategic role of management information systems within the business and how it can impact on business objectives and strategies.
This level 4 and 5 IT and computing course is ideal for:
- Increasing your knowledge of IT software and computing systems.
- Learners that want to go onto university and further learning.
- Those aspiring to work or progress their career in IT and computing.
This course provides you with the equivalent skills and education of the first two years of an undergraduate degree, at a pace that suits you. Join over 90,000 other students who chose to improve their education and boost their employability through distance learning.
Up to five years.
You will receive an ATHE Level 4 and 5 Diploma in IT and Computing.
You must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education.
Online and written assignments.
- Explore the fundamental components of computing, including design, maintenance and configuration.
- Examine the basis of OOS and the role of programming in broader aspects of the usage of applications.
- Understand database design and development and explore solutions to meet briefs and operations.
- Explore the requirements of IT and computing and analyse the role that they play in developing and testing specifications and prototypes.
- Understand IS concepts and how they are related to the needs of an organisation, including business processes and transforming information.
- Explore the role that eCommerce plays in the modern world, particularly identifying aims and objectives, as well as design issues that could arise due to requirements.
- Understand the principles of human-computer interaction (HCI) and evaluate HCI design and principles.
- Examine the impact of technology on society and the trends and changes that it creates. You will also explore the potential conflicts regarding security and data management.
- Explore the aspects of project management which are key to the development and implementation of IT projects.
- Understand concepts of information systems and the role they play in supporting the needs of a business.
- Discover innovative trends and disruptive advantages, as well as the skills and knowledge you’ll need to be successful in the sector.
- Learn more about the knowledge and skills required to undertake an IT research project, as well as the qualitative and quantitative approaches required in this field.
- Explore the role of systems engineering in developing software and various data models, software and processes.
- Understand how to create and manage projects using IT software and how this has changed over time.
- Develop your understanding of the strategic role of management information systems within an organisation and the impact it has on the business’s outcomes and strategy plan.
- Explore current issues in the IT industry and how these may impact on security, confidentiality, privacy and the law.
- Study the principles of networks and network design, as well as the implementation and support of network systems.
- Evaluate the design, deployment and management of virtualisation and its impact on a business, both commercially and potentially.
- Understand the importance of digital security within a business, its industry standards and the recommendations that could be made for improvement.
- Learn the fundamentals of database design and development, including analysing and querying.