IT and Computing Level 4
Do you want to forge a career in the IT industry? Then this IT and Computing Level 4 course could be perfect for you.
- Develop your knowledge of programming and software development.
- Understand the role of IT in society and the role that e-commerce plays in a business.
- Study systems analysis and design and how it relates to business processes and information.
- Explore the elements of project management that are key to the success of IT projects.
This level 4 course will teach you the ins and outs of IT and computing, and the key considerations in a business environment.
It is ideal for:
- Increasing your knowledge of IT software and computing systems.
- Learners that want to go onto university and further learning.
- Those aspiring to work or progress their career in IT and computing.
This course provides you with the equivalent skills and education of the first year of an undergraduate degree, at a pace that suits you. Join over 120,000 other students who chose to improve their education and boost their employability through distance learning.
Following the successful completion of this course, you will be able to put your newfound knowledge into practice and develop your career. If after, you’re looking to enhance your IT knowledge even further, take a look at the other IT and computer courses we offer.
Job titles in IT:
- Computer systems manager
- Data analyst
- UX designer
- Network administrator
- Systems analyst
- Back-end developer
Up to five years.
You will receive an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in IT and Computing.
You must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education.
Online and written assignments.
- Explore the fundamental components of computing, including design, maintenance and configuration.
- Examine the basis of OOS and the role of programming in broader aspects of the usage of applications.
- Understand database design and development and explore solutions to meet briefs and operations.
- Explore the requirements of IT and computing and analyse the role that they play in developing and testing specifications and prototypes.
- Understand IS concepts and how they are related to the needs of an organisation, including business processes and transforming information.
- Explore the role that eCommerce plays in the modern world, particularly identifying aims and objectives, as well as design issues that could arise due to requirements.
- Understand the principles of human-computer interaction (HCI) and evaluate HCI design and principles.
- Examine the impact of technology on society and the trends and changes that it creates. You will also explore the potential conflicts regarding security and data management.
- Explore the aspects of project management which are key to the development and implementation of IT projects.
- Understand concepts of information systems and the role they play in supporting the needs of a business.
This course is assessed through online assessments and written assignments. Once you have completed each module, you will be provided with an online assessment of 30 multiple-choice questions to complete.
Once each module and online assessment is completed you will be provided with the details for each written assessment. Each assessment is between 3000 – 5000 words long.
You will have access to your course and materials for up to 5 years. This is more than enough time to give you the flexibility to work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
Each module contains 40 guided learning hours of study material, and an additional 30-50 hours of optional materials are also provided. These include resources such as exercises, additional reading, internet resources and self-testing exercises.
You will study this course via distance learning which means you are in control of your learning. Study when and where you choose and at a pace that suits you.
Throughout the duration of your studies, you will have access to one-to-one Skype sessions with your tutor, interactive and informative webinars and an online social learning forum to help you along your journey.
This course is taught via Online Business School.
Upon completion of this course, students will receive an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in IT and Computing. This qualification is fully regulated by Ofqual (qualification number 601/4740/4).
The level 4 modules and assessments are equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate degree. On completion of this course, students will be able to progress onto the second year of an accredited undergraduate degree programme or equivalent.
This course will allow you to achieve up to 120 credits.
ATHE is a global awarding organisation that is regulated by Ofqual and other UK and international regulators. They offer a wide range of courses that are orientated towards getting a job, which are approved as pathways to progress up to relevant Bachelors or Masters top-up degrees by 25 UK and international universities. The qualifications are designed for maximum flexibility, allowing students to study at their own pace.
In order to enrol onto this course, you must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education.
You may start at any time and have up to five years to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
No. This course is assessed based on tutor-marked assignments.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Each online multiple-choice assessment will be marked immediately, and the results will be shown on screen.
Once you have completed your written assessments, these will be marked and returned to you. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.