IT and Computing Level 5
Develop your knowledge of IT and computing from home and achieve an Ofqual regulated Level 5 Diploma in IT and Computing.
- Learn more about innovative trends and technologies in the IT industry.
- Understand the role of systems engineering in the development of new software and using modelling approaches.
- Study the strategic role of management information systems within the business and how it can impact on business objectives and strategies.
- Explore the ethical, legal and professional issues in IT and how they may impact areas of the business such as privacy, security and the law.
This level 5 course is ideal for:
- Increasing your knowledge of IT software and computing systems.
- Learners that want to go onto university and further learning.
- Those aspiring to work in or progress their career in IT and computing
This course allows you to fast track your skills to the final year of university standard whilst studying from home at your own pace.
This course provides you with the equivalent skills and education of the first two years of an undergraduate degree, at a pace that suits you. Join over 100,000 other students who chose to improve their education and boost their employability through distance learning.
Up to five years.
You will receive an ATHE Level 5 Diploma in IT and Computing.
You must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education and the Level 4 Diploma in IT and Computing.
Online and written assignments.
- Discover innovative trends and disruptive advantages, as well as the skills and knowledge you’ll need to be successful in the sector.
- Learn more about the knowledge and skills required to undertake an IT research project, as well as the qualitative and quantitative approaches required in this field.
- Explore the role of systems engineering in developing software and various data models, software and processes.
- Understand how to create and manage projects using IT software and how this has changed over time.
- Develop your understanding of the strategic role of management information systems within an organisation and the impact it has on the business’s outcomes and strategy plan.
- Explore current issues in the IT industry and how these may impact on security, confidentiality, privacy and the law.
- Study the principles of networks and network design, as well as the implementation and support of network systems.
- Evaluate the design, deployment and management of virtualisation and its impact on a business, both commercially and potentially.
- Understand the importance of digital security within a business, its industry standards and the recommendations that could be made for improvement.
- Learn the fundamentals of database design and development, including analysing and querying.
This course is assessed through online assessments and written assignments. Once you have completed each module, you will be provided with an online assessment of 30 multiple-choice questions to complete.
Once each module and online assessment is completed you will be provided with the details for each written assessment. Each assessment is between 3000 – 5000 words long.
You will have access to your course and materials for up to five years. This is more than enough time to give you the flexibility to work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
Each module contains 40 guided learning hours of study material, and an additional 30-50 hours of optional materials are also provided. These include resources such as exercises, additional reading, internet resources and self-testing exercises.
You will study this course via distance learning which means you are in control of your learning. Study when and where you choose and at a pace that suits you.
Throughout the duration of your studies, you will have access to one-to-one Skype sessions with your tutor, interactive and informative webinars and an online social learning forum to help you along your journey.
This course is taught via Online Business School.
Upon completion of this course, students will receive an ATHE Level 5 Diploma in IT and Computing. This qualification is fully regulated by Ofqual (qualification number: 601/4880/9).
The level 5 modules and assessments are equivalent to the second year of an undergraduate degree. On completion of this course, students will be able to progress onto the final year of an accredited undergraduate degree programme or equivalent.
This course will allow you to achieve up to 120 credits.
In order to enrol onto this course, you must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education and the Level 4 Diploma in IT and Computing.
You may start at any time and have up to five years to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
No. This course is assessed based on tutor-marked assignments.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Each online multiple-choice assessment will be marked immediately, and the results will be shown on screen.
Once you have completed your written assessments, these will be marked and returned to you. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.