Information Technology Level 3
Fast-track your career in the world of IT!
- Understand the principles of information technology within modern society
- Examine a range of information technology systems
- Explore a wide range of IT hardware and software applications
This course is perfect for those who wish to advance their IT skills, learning how to apply the principles of IT within work roles or everyday life.
With full tutor support available and no deadlines or timetabling to contend with; learning a new skill has never been easier. A simple and stress-free way to study all from the comfort of your own home.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be sent via post or email, so handing in an assignment in simple.
Up to 1 year.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Information Technology Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- General computer systems
- Input and output devices
- Storage devices
- Memory and backup applications
- Types of software
- Commands and user interfaces
- Word processing software
- DTP graphics and how to use them in documents
- Spreadsheet software and applications
- How to create databases
- How to organise data
- Video and audio editing software
- Presentation software
- Different types of network
- Data transmission principles and methods
- The internet and security issues
- Social networking
- Web authoring
- Data capture
- Information technology in society
- Communications in Society
- The Data Protection Act
- Computers and Crime
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course is designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, assignments and a study guide in addition to tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been bench marked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Information Technology Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.