Python for Beginners Level 3
This Python for Beginners Level 3 course has been specifically designed to give you the knowledge to understand and write basic programming.
- Understand the basic language of Python programming.
- Implement the functions of Python.
- Develop all components of programming to enhance web design.
- Perfect for IT professionals and web designers.
- Also suitable for those who want to further their learning in programming.
From getting started with Python through developing your skills in looping, branching, lists and dictionaries, this introductory course gives you all the skills you need to get starting with this programming language.
With everything you need at the click of a button in your own personal online platform, you can learn whenever and wherever is most convenient to you.
Join over 100,000 people that have studied with us and enrol with us today. Home learning couldn’t be easier!
Up to one year.
Approximately 140 hours.
You will receive a Python for Beginners Diploma.
In order to enrol onto this course, you must have a working understanding of; text editors or word processors, your operating system, email software, file-zipping software, downloading and installing software from the web.
Practical assignments and coursework.
- Introduction to Python
- Understanding variables
- Python strings
- Performing arithmetic
- Logical operations
- Working with numbers
- Working with strings
- Branching statements
- The WHILE loop
- Guess the number game
- The FOR loop
- The anagram game
- Introducing lists
- List methods
- Nested sequences
- Introducing dictionaries
- The hangman game
- Creating functions
- Parameters and arguments
- Variables in functions
- The noughts and crosses game (1)
- The noughts and crosses game (2)
- Accessing text files
- Storing complex data in files
- Handling exceptions
- The sports quiz
- Classes, methods, and objects
- Constructors and attributes
- Class attributes and static methods
- Private attributes, methods and properties
- The hungry caterpillar game
- Creating multiple classes
- Changing inherited methods
- Creating modules
- The blackjack game (1)
- The blackjack game (2)
- Event-driven programming (1)
- Event-driven programming (2)
- Check boxes plus
- The grid layout manager
- The contact form
- Graphics window basics
- Displaying objects
- Moving sprites
- Collision detection
- The catch the butterfly game
- Keyboard commands
- Animation, sound, and music
- The meteor mayhem game (Part 1)
- The meteor mayhem game (Part 2)
- The meteor mayhem game (Part 3)
- The meteor mayhem game (Part 4)
You will be assessed throughout this course via practical programming assignments and coursework.
You may start at any time and have a full year from enrolment to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines. This course has approximately 140 hours self-study time.
You will study this course through distance learning, which means you can learn at a time and place to suit you.
On successful completion of this course students will receive a Python for beginners Diploma with comprehensive feedback and providing the assignments have been completed to the required standards students will also receive a Level 3 Open Awards Quality Endorsed Unit Course Certificate with 8 Open Awards Credits.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against Ofqual’s Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) to allow you to understand the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved.
The certification will be issued through Open Awards in association with DLC. Open Awards are an Awarding Body Organisation approved by Ofqual.
In order to enrol onto this course, you must have a working understanding of:
- Text editors or word processors
- Your operating system
- Email software
- File-zipping software
- Downloading and installing software from the web
Python is available for Linux and MacOs, however the installation and running instructions are for the Windows operating system, other software required is provided with the course.
You have a year to complete this course from the start of your enrolment, giving you enough time to study at your own pace.
No, this course is assessed through tutor-marked assignments.
No. Everything is included within the price!
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.