Webmaster – Responsive Web Design
Take the first step towards your career in web design with this webmaster course!
- Understand how to build responsive websites with optimal viewing and an interactive user experience.
- Develop your knowledge of CSS3 and HTML5.
- Study how to optimise and organise your CSS3 code.
- Improve your understanding of HTML5 APIs.
With technology today continuously developing, this course is regularly updated so students can be confident that they are studying the most up-to-date methods.
This course is ideal for both those aspiring to begin their career web design and those who want to build their own website.
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace.
Your experienced and friendly tutor is there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Start your journey and develop your skills and knowledge today and join over 100,000 students that already have!
Up to one year.
Approximately 140 hours.
You will receive a Webmaster – Responsive Web Design Diploma.
You will need to have completed the Webmaster - HTML and CSS Diploma or studied HTML to an equivalent level. See Q&As for more information.
- What’s new in HTML5?
- Creating a HTML5 document
- HTML5 document validation
- Incorporating a CSS3 style sheet
- What’s new in CSS3?
- CSS3 document validation
- What is responsive web design?
- Responsive web design with CSS3
- Proportional Layout
- Scaling images
- Converting from fixed to fluid design
- Cross-browser considerations
- Examples of responsive web design
- The header, footer and nav elements
- The section
- Article and aside elements
- Other semantic elements
- The role of DIV and SPAN elements
- Dropped elements and attributes
- Background to CSS3
- Understanding cascading style sheets
- Internal, inline and external style sheets
- CSS3 rules and selectors
- New CSS3 colour formats
- Text effects and transformations
- Multi-column layout
- Recognising content boxes
- Setting margins and padding
- Sizing and positioning elements
- Formatting borders
- Specifying backgrounds
- Text formatting
- Using shadows and gradients
- List style types and positioning
- Defining shorthand lists
- New HTML5 table elements
- Assigning elements as table components
- HTML5 form components
- Acquiring text input
- Email, telephone and URL inputs
- Check boxes and radio buttons
- Selecting options and uploading files
- Standard buttons and image buttons
- Date, time and range inputs
- Add some style with CSS3
- Understanding CSS3 transitions
- CSS3 transformations
- CSS3 animations
- Enhancing your text
- Using special cursors
- Hiding and revealing elements
- Resetting browser defaults
- Organising your style sheets
- Optimising style rules
- Specifying default styles
- The drag and drop API
- The web storage API
- Inter-document messaging
- The history API
- The geolocation and Google maps API
- The canvas API
- Incorporating audio and video
You will be assessed on coursework which is detailed in the course materials. The coursework requires you to create and submit webpages as your assignments. Your work can be sent back to your course tutor by email or by post.
You will have a full year to complete this course, which is plenty of time to be able to study at your own pace. This course should take you approximately 140 hours of self-study time.
You will study this course through distance learning, which means you can learn at a time and place to suit you. You will study this course online and work will be submitted to your course tutor by email or post. You will receive a year’s full tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
On successful completion of this course students will receive a Webmaster – Responsive Web Design Diploma with comprehensive feedback and providing the assignments have been completed to the required standards students will also receive a Level 4 Open Awards Quality Endorsed Unit Course Certificate with 9 Open Awards Credits.
Open Award Credits can be accumulated with other course or unit credits over a period of time which can lead to an accredited qualification
The course measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked at Level 4 (using Ofqual’s level descriptors) to allow you to consider the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved.
The certification is issued through Open Awards. Open Awards are an Awarding Body Organisation approved by Ofqual. Set up in 1981, Open Awards (previously the North West region of the National Open College Network – OCNNW) have been in business for over 30 years and are a not for profit organisation and a registered charity.
To enrol onto this course, you will need to have completed the Webmaster – HTML and CSS course or have studied HTML to an equivalent level. All students who enrol onto this course should have a good knowledge of HTML programming.
As this is an online course it can be accessed on any Internet Ready computer. Although we do recommend that this it is completed on a PC with the Windows Operating System or on an Apple Mac.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your Webmaster – Responsive Web Design Diploma.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.