Introduction to Business Marketing and Public Relations Level 3
Do you want to boost your marketing and PR skills but haven’t got the time to go back to college every day? This bundle is an ideal way to study traditional marketing theory, and learn to plan PR campaigns that get results.
- Learn what marketing is and how it is practised successfully.
- Study marketing theory such as life cycles, product portfolios and marketing strategy.
- Learn all about markets, segmentation and pricing strategy and competition.
- Discover how to promote products and coordinate promotional activity in a way that gets results.
- Find out about the industry of Public Relations and its importance to business.
- See how the rise of new technology is changing the world of PR.
- Learn how to plan PR campaigns, deliver internal PR strategy and manage a PR crisis.
- Develop the key skills you need for working within the fast-paced PR industry.
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
All your course materials will then be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be simpler. Our experienced and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Introduction to Business Marketing and Public Relations Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Introduction to Business Marketing Level 3
- Introduction to marketing
- Marketing and value
- The value chain
- Corporate objectives
- Target markets
- Marketing mix
- Marketing and growth
- Market life cycles
- Marketing strategies at different stages of the life cycle
- Market share
- Product portfolios
- The Boston matrix
- Adding value
- The competitive compass
- Product ranges
- Tactical pricing
- Inbound logistics
- What place means for an industry
- Market segmentation
- Deciding how to segment a market
- Segmentation and value
- Segmentation and place
- Promotional activities
- Life cycle and promotion
- Promoting to different market segments
- Promoting what people value
- Different kinds of advertising
Public Relations Level 3
- What is PR?
- Is PR just 'spin' or 'propaganda'?
- Information or stories?
- Who says something is good?
- The impact of new technologies
- The impact on PR
- Media relations
- Press releases
- PR campaigns
- Define your aim or goal
- Map out the terrain
- Identifying your public
- Defining your messages
- Setting objectives
- Devising strategy
- Evaluating outcomes
- Corporate planning
- Your PR manual
- Information, analysis, meaning, impact
- Designing internal communications
- Before a crisis occurs
- Scenario planning
- The crisis team
- Response papers/holding statements
- Question and answer documents
- The crisis manual
- Crisis briefing and staff training
- What to do if a crisis happens
- Swift action
- Learning from the event
- Technical skills
- Events management
- Management and administration
- Strategic leadership
- Ethics and your role in PR
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which you submit to your tutor for marking. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. The bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
This course will enable you to work when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement by ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (this lists details of all the units you have completed as part of your course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
Dedicated personal tutor support
Dedicated student support
Assignment marking and feedback
FREE CV writing service
FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
FREE XO Student Discounts card
*Comprehensive study guide
*Open Study College pen and highlighter
*Student study planner
*Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.