Human Resource Management Level 4
If you're looking to study human resources management, but don’t want to go back to college, this course is perfect for you.
- Learn more organisational culture and the interpersonal skills required by managers and leaders.
- Understand how to improve performance through effective management and rewards.
- Develop your knowledge of how to manage employees in an ethical manner and how to motivate them.
- Study different approaches to recruitment and the contracts involved.
Equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate degree, this course delves into the skills needed to develop your career in human resources management!
You may start at any time and have up to five years to complete your studies.
Home learning is simple and stress-free. Enrol with us today and join the 90,000 students who have chosen us to improve their career prospects.
Up to five years.
You will receive an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Human Resources Management.
Minimum age of 18 years old and must have completed secondary education.
Online and written assignments.
ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Human Resource Management – 603/5215/2
- Understanding of organisational culture
- Various influences on the operation of the organisation itself
- Interpersonal skills required by managers and leaders in different managerial responsibilities
- Learn how to develop these skills for improved performance
- What effective performance management means
- How performance management can be used to improve workplace performance in terms of discipline and reward
- Ethical issues that can arise as a part of effective management
- How ethical decisions can be made
- What the legal and regulatory context of what workplace ethics looks like
- Reasons for and best methods of training people in an organisation
- Best methods for motivating people, both individually and as part of a team
- Understanding factors that shape the design of structure within organisations
- How the organisational structure can influence management strategy
- Understanding of the internal approaches used to determine recruitment needs
- Different approaches taken by organisations to attract and select potential candidates
- Requirements of contracts of employment and the importance of personal development
- Importance of strategic human resource management in an organisation
- The analysis of various factors impacting the labour market
- The ways in which employment can be terminated
- Different forms of discrimination
- Understanding core principles that underpin an effective team in terms of team membership and team leadership
You will be assessed through a mix of online assessments and written assignments.
Once each module is complete, you will have to take an online multiple-choice assessment for each module.
Once each module and online assessment is completed you will be provided with the details for each written assignment. Each assignment will be set between 3000 – 5000 words long.
You will have access to your course for five years with personal tutor support throughout this time. As each module contains 40 guided learning hours of study and an additional 30-50 hours of optional study material, you have more than enough time to complete your course without deadline pressure.
You can study at your own pace, in your own environment. As long as you have an internet connection and your laptop, smartphone or tablet, you are able to learn.
The course is all online, with access to interactive webinars and the online social learning forum
You will have full tutor support including one-to-one Skype sessions, so you are able to get the help you need throughout your course.
Once you have successfully completed this course you will receive your ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Human Resources Management.
This is the equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate degree course.
You must be at least 18 years of age to enrol onto this course and need to have completed secondary education.
No. This course is assessed based on online and written assignments.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.