Hotel and Hospitality Level 4
Boost your knowledge of the hotel and hospitality industry from home and achieve an Ofqual recognised Level 4 Diploma in Hotel and Hospitality.
- Understand the food and beverage options in the industry, as well as the food safety and hygiene regulations you need to comply with.
- Study the role of housekeeping and customer service in the hospitality industry.
- Learn more about the scope of global tourism and the factors that affect the industry.
- Develop your knowledge of the key principles of marketing in the hospitality industry.
This level 4 course engages in the skills and knowledge required to succeed within the hotel and hospitality industry.
It is ideal for:
- Students who want to begin or further their career in the hotel and hospitality industry.
- Learners that want to go onto university and further learning.
- Those aspiring to develop their knowledge and skills in areas such as food and beverage supply, account and cost control and more.
Join over 120,000 other students who chose to improve their education and boost their employability through distance learning.
Up to five years.
You will receive an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Hospitality and Hotel Management.
You must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education.
Online and written assignments.
- Understand food and beverages operations and the processes involved, including production and service.
- Learn why it is necessary to comply with regulations and management procedures for ensuring food safety.
- Explore the role of the housekeeping department within hospitality and the impact it has on operations.
- Discover the importance of customer-focused hospitality in a competitive environment and develop the skills to deliver excellent customer service to exceed the expectations of customers.
- Understand the role of the front office within hospitality and the impact it has on operations.
- Gain an understanding of the principles of hospitality costing and the contents of key financial statements used, along with the basic accounting techniques used to produce and analyse them.
- Explore the size and scope of hospitality and global tourism and the effect it has on the growth of its brand.
- Learn the fundamental principles of marketing and how it relates to the hospitality organisation.
- Discover the concept of employee engagement and its key components, and how it can influence an organisation within hospitality.
- Explore different methods of training identification in hospitality as well as planning, designing, delivering and evaluating its effectiveness within an organisation.
This course is assessed through online assessments and written assignments. Once you have completed each module, you will be provided with an online assessment of 30 multiple-choice questions to complete.
Once each module and online assessment is completed you will be provided with the details for each written assessment. Each assessment is between 3000 – 5000 words long.
You will have access to your course and materials for five years. This is more than enough time to give you the flexibility to work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
Each module contains 40 guided learning hours of study material, and an additional 30-50 hours of optional materials are also provided. These include resources such as exercises, additional reading, internet resources and self-testing exercises.
You will study this course via distance learning which means you are in control of your learning. Study when and where you choose and at a pace that suits you.
Throughout the duration of your studies, you will have access to one-to-one Skype sessions with your tutor, interactive and informative webinars and an online social learning forum to help you along your journey.
This course is taught via Online Business School.
Upon completion of this course, students will receive an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Hospitality and Hotel Management. This qualification is fully regulated by Ofqual.
The level 4 modules and assessments are equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate degree. On completion of this course, students will be able to progress onto the second year of an accredited undergraduate degree programme or equivalent.
This course will allow you to achieve up to 120 credits.
In order to enrol onto this course, you must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education.
You may start at any time and have up to five years to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
No. This course is assessed based on tutor-marked assignments.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Each online multiple-choice assessment will be marked immediately, and the results will be shown on screen.
Once you have completed your written assessments, these will be marked and returned to you. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.