Understand all you need to know about the Amadeus GDS system with this course.
- Develop your understanding of airline reservations.
- Learn about automatic fares and ticketing.
- Understand the car hire options and how to book them.
- Study how to book hotel reservations, as well as how to change, add to and cancel reservations.
Amadeus is one of the industry standard booking and reservation systems used by travel companies worldwide. Many travel companies will list a full understanding of Amadeus as ‘essential’ on their job specifications, so it is much easier to get a job in this sector if you can prove that you have this skill!
Air France, Iberia, Lufthansa, Expedia, Opodo and Flightline are just several travel companies that use Amadeus. Amadeus holds around 35% of the global travel market and is widely used throughout Europe and Asia. This Amadeus course is recognised all over the world and is fully compliant with the IATA’s GDS (International Air Transport Association’s Global Distribution System) requirements.
Home learning is simple and stress free! Enrol today and join the 50,000 students who have chosen Open Study College to improve their career prospects.
Up to six months.
Approximately 70 hours.
You will receive the Amadeus Expert certificate.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Drills, exercises, quizzes and exams.
- Lesson 1 - Introduction, signing in and out, work areas
- Lesson 2 - Encode and decode
- Lesson 3 - Introduction to the PNR
- Lesson 4 - PNR redisplay, subfield display
- Lesson 5 - Timetable, flight details
- Lesson 6 - Flight availability, return availability, shortcut flifo
- Lesson 7 - Booking seats from availability
- Lesson 8 - Name elements, contact elements
- Lesson 9 - Ticketing element, received-from element
- Lesson 10 - Build and end a complete PNR
- Lesson 11 - Cancelling and changing mandatory PNR elements
- Lesson 12 - Mailing and billing address elements
- Lesson 13 - General remark and OSI elements
- Lesson 14 - SSR and frequent flyer elements
- Lesson 15 - Cancelling and changing optional PNR elements
- Lesson 16 - Advance seating requests
- Lesson 17 - Seat maps
- Lesson 18 - Request specific seats, specific seat wish, modify seating
- Lesson 19 - Calculator and currency functions, minimum connect times
- Lesson 20 - Help system
- Lesson 21 - AIS
- Lesson 1 - Advanced availability entries
- Lesson 2 - Access types
- Lesson 3 - Direct sell, waitlist, open/ARNK/passive segments
- Lesson 4 - PNR claim, rearrange segments
- Lesson 5 - Split PNR
- Lesson 6 - Working with non-homogeneous PNRs
- Lesson 7 - Working with customer profiles
- Lesson 8 - Queue count, queue placement, option element
- Lesson 9 - Queue access/exit, remove/delay queued PNRs
- Lesson 10 - Segment status, schedule change, waitlist assurance
- Lesson 1 - Basic fare displays, carrier specific fares
- Lesson 2 - Fare displays for specific dates
- Lesson 3 - Additional fare display options
- Lesson 4 - Fare display follow up entries
- Lesson 5 - Fare notes
- Lesson 6 - Itinerary pricing
- Lesson 7 - Stored itinerary pricing
- Lesson 8 - Best buy pricing
- Lesson 9 - Pricing options
- Lesson 10 - PNR fare elements
- Lesson 11 - Ticketing
- Lesson 1 - Car location lists
- Lesson 2 - Display and book from multi-company car availability
- Lesson 3 - Display and book from single company car availability
- Lesson 4 - Direct car availability entries
- Lesson 5 - Car availability options
- Lesson 6 - Car sell options and direct car sell
- Lesson 7 - Car segment modify entries
- Lesson 8 - Car terms
- Lesson 1 - Hotel location lists
- Lesson 2 - Display and book from multi-property hotel availability
- Lesson 3 - Display and book from single property hotel availability
- Lesson 4 - Direct hotel availability entries
- Lesson 5 - Hotel display options
- Lesson 6 - Hotel features entries
- Lesson 7 - Hotel sell options and chain-specific help pages
- Lesson 8 - Book a hotel directly and from a location list
- Lesson 9 - Change, add to, delete from, and cancel hotel segments
Module 1: Airline reservation (part 1): 21 drills, 6 exercises, 10 quizzes and an exam
Module 2: Airline reservations (part 2): 10 drills, 3 exercises, 3 quizzes and an exam
Module 3: Automatic fares and ticketing: 11 drills, 3 exercises, 3 quizzes and an exam
Module 3: Car hire: 8 drills, 3 exercises, 3 quizzes and an exam
Module 4: Hotel reservations: 9 drills, 3 exercises, 3 quizzes and an exam
This course is run through our Online Amadeus Training facility, which provides an Amadeus Simulator so you can use the software as you learn.
Please note that this is a self-study course. You will not be allocated a tutor as all support is self-contained within the course materials. You will, however, receive technical support.
You can start at any time and have up to a full six months to complete the course. This includes 70 hours on the online portal. This is much more time than you need, so you can work at your own pace.
Upon completion of this Amadeus course you will receive the Amadeus Expert certificate to use as proof of your competency in the software, which will be widely accepted by employers.
You do not need any previous experience to enrol on the Amadeus Expert course.
You will need to sit an online exam, at home, which will be at the end of each module.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.