Learn everything you need to know about the Sabre booking and reservation system, from home!
- Become proficient in airline reservations.
- Learn about automatic fares and ticketing.
- Understand the cars plus system, vehicle codes, car associates list.
- Learn the fundamentals of the SHAARP hotel system.
With many travel companies requiring a comprehensive knowledge of online booking systems, it is essential to be a competent user of Sabre. This course will train you to understand and use the Sabre Reservations System, one of the industry standard booking systems.
Sabre was developed by American Airlines in the 1960s and has approximately 30% of the global market. It is used worldwide, especially in the USA. Airlines using this system currently include: American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, Singapore Airlines and All Nippon.
This Sabre course is recognised all over the world and is fully compliant with IATA’s GDS (International Air Transport Association’s Global Distribution Systems) requirements.
Up to six months.
Up to 70 hours access to the Online Learning Environment.
You will receive a Sabre certificate.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Online tests and end of course Sabre exam.
- System access, encoding/decoding
- Retrieving and ignoring PNRs, similar name lists
- Displaying PNR fields
- Basic city pair availability
- Return city pair availability
- Flight detail displays, decoding mixed class service
- Selling from availability
- Passenger names, passenger telephone numbers
- Ticketing arrangement, received-from
- Cancelling segments, changing/deleting basic passenger data
- Entering remarks, form of payment and passenger addresses
- Frequent flyer, agency addresses
- AFAX and GFAX, OSI and SSR
- Changing and deleting non-essential PNR fields
- Advanced city pair availability
- Availability sales tags
- Open segs, waitlisted segs, book-conf segs, ARNK
- Cancel and rebook segments
- Inserting segments
- Reducing a party
- Dividing a party
- Advanced seat reservations, booking seats by area
- Seat maps and assigning seats
- Introduction to queues
- Calculator functions, calendar functions, currency
- Format finder
- Total access, direct access function
- Multi-access function of total access
- Fare displays
- Fare rules
- Itinerary pricing using WP
- Itinerary pricing - bargain finder
- Itinerary pricing - secondary action codes
- Itinerary pricing - stored fares
- Issuing tickets from queue
- Invoice and itinerary functions
- Cars plus system, vehicle codes, car associates list
- Shoppers car quote
- Shoppers car quote from segment, booking from quote
- Single company display, booking from a single company display
- Car quotes with modifiers
- Car quote redisplay
- Car sell from segment, with modifiers, segment modify
- Car location lists, extra hour and day displays
- Rules displays, policy displays
- Intro to SHAARP hotel system, hotel index displays
- Hotel description displays
- Hotel rate description
- Booking a hotel room
- Hotel index displays with no dates
- Hotel index displays by reference point
- Hotel index displays with search qualifiers
- Hotel index redisplay and update
- Advanced hotel description
- Optional fields in the sell entry
- More optional fields in the sell entry
- Hotel segment modification
Module 1: Airline Reservation Systems: Eight exercises, 10 quizzes and an online exam
Module 2: Automatic Fares and Ticketing: Three exercises, three quizzes and an online exam
Module 3: Car Hire: Three exercises, three quizzes and an online exam
Module 4: Hotel Reservations: Two exercises, three quizzes and an online exam
There is up to a six-month time limit on this course. You will have a total of 70 hours’ access to the Online Learning Environment. This is more than sufficient time to complete the course.
This course is run online through our Online Sabre Training facility, which provides a Sabre Simulator so you can use the software as you learn.
Please note that this is a self-study course. You will not be allocated a tutor as all support is self-contained within the course materials. You will however receive technical support.
Upon completion of this Sabre course you will receive a Sabre certificate to use as proof that you are a competent Sabre user, which will be widely accepted by employers.
We recommend that you have basic computer skills in order to be successful on this course, as it is computer-based. For this course you will require access to a computer, laptop or tablet with an internet connection.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.