Airport Ground Handling QLS Level 3
Prepare for a career in the airline industry with this distance learning course.
- Be introduced to the world of ground handling
- Understand the importance and value of ground handling for commercial aviation in society
- Learn about the key features of the airport and airside environment, and the external characteristics of commercial aircraft
- Recognise the key roles performed by key handling staff and the equipment required
- Identify and understand the best ways to maximise personal safety
- Be able to apply for a formal training program with an airport or ground handling agent
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by email making it simple and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you advice and helping you through your course.
Up to 12 months.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Importance of ground handling staff
- Importance of timekeeping
- Tension between safety and speed
- 24-hour clock, phonetic alphabet and IATA airport code system
- Commercial airport layouts
- Airside roadways, taxiways and runways
- Importance of communication
- Importance of airside safety and aircraft danger zones
- Airside environment risks
- Health and safety requirements
- Ground handling service roles
- Key processes in ground handling
- Safety risks
- Aircraft turnaround
- Effects of delayed turnarounds
- Common sources of delays
- Delay avoidance methods
- Ground handling errors and flight safety
- Manual handling
- Risk reduction in manual handling
- Musculoskeletal Disorders and back injury risks
- Performing manual handling techniques
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You have 12 months to complete the course.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
There are no specific skills or qualifications needed to enrol on this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Open Study College pen and highlighter*
- Student notebook*
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will be awarded your Certificate of Achievement in Airport Ground Handling Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.