Hotel and Hospitality Level 5
Improve your hotel and hospitality skills from the comfort of your own home and achieve an Ofqual regulated Level 5 Diploma in Hotel and Hospitality.
- Study the supply chain systems in the hospitality industry and how the supply chain can help you achieve a competitive edge.
- Improve your knowledge of conference and events management and the processes and considerations involved.
- Understand how to manage people in a hospitality environment and the key principles of human resource management.
- Learn more about revenue management and business planning.
This level 5 course will provide you with the knowledge you’ll need to succeed within the hotel and hospitality industry.
It is ideal for:
- Students who want to begin or further their career in the hotel and hospitality industry.
- Learners that want to go onto university and further learning.
- Those aspiring to develop their knowledge and skills in areas such as food and beverage supply, account and cost control and more.
Join over 110,000 other students who chose to improve their education and boost their employability through distance learning.
Up to five years.
You will receive an ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Hospitality and Hotel Management.
You must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education and the Level 4 Diploma in Hotel and Hospitality.
Online and written assignments.
- Develop an understanding of supply chain systems and how these are relevant within food and beverage preparation within hospitality both domestically and globally.
- Understand quality and quality management and its role within a hospitality setting and analyse and evaluate a quality management system within an organisation.
- Discover the operational issues that form the basis for successful events and conferences.
- Learn the importance of customer relationship management (CRM) within hospitality and understand how to proceed to ensure effectiveness.
- Recognise the key principles of management behaviour, styles, responsibilities and skills and the effectiveness of management within different organisational structures.
- Recognise the key principles of human resource management (HRM) and the issues that managers must consider when carrying out their duties, in addition to understanding how current legislation impacts human resources within hospitality.
- Discover the key elements of revenue management and how this affects pricing within hospitality, particularly bedrooms. Understand and be able to implement yield management practices and overbooking policies.
- Understand key principles of corporate social responsibility (CSR) and the impact hotels have on social, cultural and environmental factors.
- Gain an understanding of the nature and impact of contemporary issues that affect hospitality, and the need for flexibility.
- Understand how to create a business plan for a hotel or hospitality organisation.
This course is assessed through online assessments and written assignments. Once you have completed each module, you will be provided with an online assessment of 30 multiple-choice questions to complete.
Once each module and online assessment is completed you will be provided with the details for each written assessment. Each assessment is between 3000 – 5000 words long.
You will have access to your course and materials for five years. This is more than enough time to give you the flexibility to work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
Each module contains 40 guided learning hours of study material, and an additional 30-50 hours of optional materials are also provided. These include resources such as exercises, additional reading, internet resources and self-testing exercises.
You will study this course via distance learning which means you are in control of your learning. Study when and where you choose and at a pace that suits you.
Throughout the duration of your studies, you will have access to one-to-one Skype sessions with your tutor, interactive and informative webinars and an online social learning forum to help you along your journey.
This course is taught via Online Business School.
Upon completion of this course, students will receive an ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Hospitality and Hotel Management. This qualification is fully regulated by Ofqual.
The level 5 modules and assessments are equivalent to the second year of an undergraduate degree.
This course will allow you to achieve up to 120 credits.
In order to enrol onto this course, you must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education and the Level 4 Diploma in Hotel and Hospitality University.
You may start at any time and have up to five years to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
No. This course is assessed based on tutor-marked assignments.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.