Holistic Beauty Therapy
This bundle combines everything you need to know about massage, Indian head massage and aromatherapy!
- Boost your knowledge about massages, Indian head massage and aromatherapy, from home!
- Kick-start your career in the thriving beauty industry
- Develop your knowledge and learn how to apply various beauty treatments. This is perfect if you currently own your own salon and want to offer additional services
- Understand the process of client consultation
- Gain an insight into different massage types and know how to apply them
- Explore the benefits of an aromatherapy treatment
This course will allow you to study at a time and place which suits you with no strict deadlines or timetabling to contend with. This means you can fit studying around your other commitments.
You will receive your course by post, so getting your materials is easy and hassle-free. Your personal tutor is there to support you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away.
Up to 3 years.
You will receive 3 Certificates of Achievement; Massage Level 3, Indian Head Massage Level 3 and Aromatherapy Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Massage Level 3
- Body systems
- Nervous system
- Muscular system
- Muscle groups
- The skeletal system
- Tendons and Ligaments
- What is massage?
- Types of massage
- Massage suitability
- How massage works
- Benefits of massage
- Special populations
- Pregnancy and massage
- Lymphatic drainage
- Massage modifications
- Therapist safety
- Client assessment
- Care plan
- Massage environment
- Massage tools
- Massage techniques
- Prone massages and techniques
- Supine massages and techniques
- Guidance for seated message
Indian Head Massage Level 3
- Bone classification
- Bones of the head, face, neck and shoulders
- Structure of the skin and hair
- The origins and benefits of Indian head massage
- The techniques and products used in Indian head massage
- Equipment, oils and towels
- What are contraindications?
- Local and total contraindications
- Modifications to massage
- Client consultation and aftercare advice
- Assessing the client
- What information should I use?
- Client history forms
- Pain assessment
- Case studies
- Before you begin
- Massage environment
- Massage positions and sequence
- Stroke variations
- Upper arms
- Health and safety
- Massage stance
- Before you go onto your practical day you will have to have completed the Anatomy and Physiology Theory part of the course. This is essential for your practical training day. This will cover all the anatomy and physiology required for the Level 2 and 3 National Occupational Standards (NOS) for beauty, nails and holistic therapy treatments. It will require all-day classroom attendance and the rest is studied online.
- Understand key theoretical knowledge behind the Swedish body massage technique
- Review and demonstrate effective massage techniques and routines
- Gain health and safety knowledge required to confidently perform a tailored Swedish massage
- Develop a professional understanding of anatomy and physiology required for practising massage
- Learn about client consultation and aftercare advice
Aromatherapy Level 3
- History of philosophy
- Role of aromatherapy
- Aromatherapeutic terminology
- Methods of extraction and sourcing of essences and oils
- Physiological and psychological effects of aromatherapy massage
- Benefits of aromatherapy on different body systems
- Essential oils
- Contra-actions that may result from treatment
- Cautions that may restrict or prevent treatment
- Chemical constituents of essences
- Dilution and blending techniques
- The uses, applications and origins of essences, fixed carrier oils and other media
- Consultation techniques
- Professional aromatherapeutic treatments
- Characteristics of an appropriate consultation
- Aromatherapy techniques used in conjunction with reflexology treatments
- Professional codes of conduct
- The effectiveness and results of aromatherapeutic treatments
- Reflective practice and its relevance to the aromatherapist
- Maintaining treatment records
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
Once enrolled, you will have three years to complete this bundle, which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 36 months tutor support, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
You will study this course through distance learning, which means you can learn at a time and place to suit you. Your course materials will be delivered to you by post, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. Tutor support is also available by email, so help is only a click away! You will send your assignments to your tutor for marking. Assignments can be sent by email or post, it’s up to you!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive three Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have three years to complete this bundle. This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- Comprehensive study guide
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
- Document wallet
No, you will be assessed on your tutor marked assignments only.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.