Holistic Beauty Therapy
Are you a beauty therapist or a masseuse looking to offer more to your clients? Then this Holistic Beauty Therapy course bundle is the one for you.
- Boost your knowledge about massages, Indian head massage and aromatherapy, from home!
- Kick-start your career in the thriving beauty industry.
- Develop your knowledge and learn how to apply various beauty treatments. This is perfect if you currently own your own salon and want to offer additional services.
- Understand the process of client consultation.
- Gain an insight into different massage types and know how to apply them.
- Explore the benefits of an aromatherapy treatment.
This course bundle combines the Massage, Indian Head Massage, and Aromatherapy courses to ensure you are well-equipped to offer a great service to your clients.
You will explore the anatomy of the body to help understand massage more, whilst looking in-depth at types of massage, how massage works, and the benefits of massage, amongst many other topics.
Indian head massage, as the name suggests, originates in India but has grown popular in Western cultures due to its simplicity and its ability to be performed anywhere and everywhere.
Also known as Champissage, Indian head massage mainly uses circular Dassage strokes to focus on massaging acupressure points along the head, neck, and shoulders.
Aromatherapy is a holistic treatment using aromatic essential oils from natural plant extracts to improve the health of the body, mind, and spirit, enhancing both physical and emotional health. You may have also heard of it as essential oil therapy.
The practice of aromatherapy has been occurring for thousands of years, as it was used in ancient cultures in China, India, Egypt, and others. You will explore the history of aromatherapy in this course, before understanding how it works in healing and the recent trends in aromatherapy.
The course will also cover the use of essential oils, aura and chakras, carrier oils, spiritual aromatherapy, and blending procedures.
This course will allow you to study at a time and place which suits you with no strict deadlines or timetabling to contend with. This means you can fit studying around your other commitments.
You will receive your course by post, so getting your materials is easy and hassle-free. Your personal tutor is there to support you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away.
Up to 3 years.
You will receive 3 Certificates of Achievement; Massage Level 3, Indian Head Massage Level 3 and Aromatherapy Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- History of aromatherapy
- Role of aromatherapy
- Aromatherapeutic terminology
- Methods of extraction and sourcing of essences and oils
- Physiological and psychological effects of aromatherapy massage
- Benefits of aromatherapy on different body systems
- Essential oils
- Contra-actions that may result from treatment
- Cautions that may restrict or prevent treatment
- Chemical constituents of essences
- Dilution and blending techniques
- The uses, applications and origins of essences, fixed carrier oils and other media
- Consultation techniques
- Professional aromatherapeutic treatments
- Characteristics of an appropriate consultation
- Aromatherapy techniques used in conjunction with reflexology treatments
- Professional codes of conduct
- The effectiveness and results of aromatherapeutic treatments
- Reflective practice and its relevance to the aromatherapist
- Maintaining treatment records
- Bone classification
- Bones of the head, face, neck and shoulders
- Structure of the skin and hair
- The origins and benefits of Indian head massage
- The techniques and products used in Indian head massage
- Equipment, oils, and towels
- What are contraindications?
- Local and total contraindications
- Modifications to massage
- Client consultation and aftercare advice
- Assessing the client
- What information should I use?
- Client history forms
- Pain assessment
- Case studies
- Before you begin
- Massage environment
- Massage positions and sequence
- Stroke variations
- Upper arms
- Health and safety
- Massage stance
- Before you go onto your practical day you will have to have completed the Anatomy and Physiology Theory part of the course. This is essential for your practical training day. This will cover all the anatomy and physiology required for the Level 2 and 3 National Occupational Standards (NOS) for beauty, nails and holistic therapy treatments. It will require all-day classroom attendance and the rest is studied online.
- Body systems
- Nervous system
- Muscular system
- Muscle groups
- The skeletal system
- Tendons and Ligaments
- What is massage?
- Types of massage
- Massage suitability
- How massage works
- Benefits of massage
- Special populations
- Pregnancy and massage
- Lymphatic drainage
- Massage modifications
- Therapist safety
- Client assessment
- Care plan
- Massage environment
- Massage tools
- Massage techniques
- Prone massages and techniques
- Supine massages and techniques
- Guidance for seated message
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
Once enrolled, you will have three years to complete this bundle, which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 36 months of tutor support, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
You will study this course through distance learning, which means you can learn at a time and place to suit you. Your course materials will be delivered to you by post, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. Tutor support is also available by email, so help is only a click away! You will send your assignments to your tutor for marking. Assignments can be sent by email or post, it’s up to you!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive three Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have three years to complete this bundle. This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
No, you will be assessed on your tutor marked assignments only.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.