Massage Level 3
Pursue your career as a massage therapist, from home!
- Ancient Chinese medicinal records and Egyptian wall paintings show that massage has been used therapeutically for many thousands of years.
- Massage is known to improve sleep, reduce stress, improve circulation and promote general wellbeing, amongst many other health benefits.
- Newly qualified massage therapists typically start on a salary between £12,000 and £18,000, but this can rise to £22,000 and upwards with experience and a large client base.
- Working as a massage therapist is a highly rewarding career, allowing you to meet new people and work in a calming and therapeutic environment.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You will have more than enough time to complete your course so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 80 hours to complete.
You will receive a Certificate of achievement in Massage Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Series of written assignments.
- Body systems
- Nervous system
- Muscular system
- Muscle groups
- The skeletal system
- Tendons and Ligaments
- What is massage?
- Types of massage
- Massage suitability
- How massage works
- Benefits of massage
- Special populations
- Pregnancy and massage
- Lymphatic drainage
- Massage modifications
- Therapist safety
- Client assessment
- Care plan
- Massage environment
- Massage tools
- Massage techniques
- Prone massages and techniques
- Supine massages and techniques
- Guidance for seated message
You will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course has been designed for distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, assignments and study guide, plus tutor support by email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of achievement in Massage Level 3.
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
• Dedicated personal tutor support
• Dedicated student support
• Assignment marking and feedback
• FREE XO Student Discounts card
• FREE CV writing service
• FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
• *Comprehensive study guide
• *Open Study College pen and highlighter
• *Student study planner
• *Student notebook
• *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.