Beauty Therapy and Nail Technician QLS Level 3
Would you like to be able to develop your practical skills in providing advanced facial and body treatments as well as learning what it takes to become a nail technician? Well, this Beauty Therapy and Aromatherapy QLS Level 3 course bundle is perfect for you.
- Develop a good knowledge of massage and facial electrical treatments
- Learn all the practical aspects of running and managing a successful salon.
- Study the latest techniques of nail enhancement and design.
- Understand the legislation and regulations that are relevant to the nail and beauty industry.
Beauty therapists who can also offer nail treatments will benefit from having a broader portfolio of skills when seeking employment, and a competitive edge if starting a beauty therapy business.
In the beauty therapy side of the bundle, you will dive into the anatomy and physiology of the face and body, whilst developing your practical skills in providing advanced facial and body treatments.
You will also build a sound knowledge of health and safety practices in a salon environment, as well as examining client care and communication in beauty-related industries.
Meanwhile, on the nail technician course, you will master your practical skills when it comes to the likes of nail artistry, grooming and healthcare.
You’ll also be able to design, apply, maintain, and remove acrylic, silk, and fibreglass nails.
Up to two years
Approximately 160 hours
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
- Client consultation
- Body analysis
- Preparation of the area for massage and body treatments
- Classification of movements
- Types of massage
- Electrical and mechanical body treatments
- Cellulite and lymphatic damage
- Anti-ageing skin treatments
- Muscle treatments
- Consultation and advanced skin analysis
- Equipment and effects
- Facial high frequency
- Facial faradic
- Facial microdermabrasion
- The heart
- The lymphatic system
- The nervous system
- The endocrine system
- The skeleton
- The skin
- The spa experience
- Spa reception
- Cleansing and exfoliating the skin
- Cold or chill therapy
- Static/portable heat treatments
- Skin tests
- Water treatments
- Health and safety at work act (HASAW 1974)
- Methods of communication
- Avoiding cross infection
- The reception area
- Welcoming clients
- Dealing with complaints
- Time management
- Retailing and promotions
- Customer legislation
- Emergency procedures and security
- Personal and professional development
- Health and safety legislation
- Hygiene in the workplace
- Preventing infection
- Preparing for the client
- Your health and safety responsibilities
- Risk assessment
- First aid
- Fire precautions
- COSHH within the nail industry
- Data protection
- Security procedures
- Cash handling
- Professional standards
- National Occupational Standards
- Client consultation
- New clients
- Regular clients
- Agreeing a treatment plan
- Giving aftercare advice
- Effective communication techniques
- How to handle complaints
- Dealing with staff disputes or disagreements
- Preparing your work area
- Seating and lighting
- Sterilising equipment
- Methods of sterilisation
- Nail enhancement products
- Other considerations
- Nail and skin analysis
- The structure of the skin
- The structure of the nail
- Nail growth
- Nail types
- Nail diseases and disorders
- Preparing the nail and applying tips
- Preparing the natural nail
- Different tips and their features
- Guidelines for choosing suitable tips
- Acrylic and powder enhancements
- Gel enhancements
- Fibreglass or silk (wrap system) enhancements
- Sculpture nail enhancements
- Equipment for nail art
- Consulting with clients
- Planning a nail art treatment
- How to design nail art
- Different nail art brushes
- Techniques and designs
- Charms and rhinestones
- Even lines and striping techniques
- Dots and circles
- Flower designs
- Using glitter
- How to apply nail transfers
- Applying foils
- Nail jewellery
- Airbrushing: equipment and techniques
- Where can a nail technician work?
- Being your own boss
- Obtaining finance
- Self-employed status
- Marketing yourself
- Working for a company
- Working on a mobile basis
- Working on cruise ships
- Working in the media industry
- Working in teaching
The Beauty Therapy and Nail Technician course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months of tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
This course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, assignments and study guide, plus full tutor support by mail or email.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course, however, you may wish to study our level 2 beauty therapy course before proceeding to Level 3.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College pen and highlighter
- * Student notebook
- * FREE Beauty kit including:
- Emery boards
- Manicure sticks
- Hand lotion
- Mask bush
- Mask removing sponges
- * FREE Nail Technician kit including:
- Nail art training hand
- 10 x emery boards
- 10 x manicure sticks
- Rubber end stick
- Plastic nail brush
- Nail buffer
- Cuticle cream and cuticle oil
- Nail buffering cream
- Base coat, topcoat, red nail varnish, pink nail varnish
- Clear spatula
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.