Indian Head Massage Level 3
Learn the knowledge and practical skills needed to perform a luxury Indian head massage to a high standard.
- Learn to perform a luxury Indian head massage including a one day practical.
- Develop a professional understanding of anatomy and physiology required for massages.
- Learn the history and benefits of this Ayurveda treatment.
- Know the health and safety knowledge required to perform the treatment confidently.
- Explore the oils that are traditionally used for the treatment.
This course includes 1-day practical training which will be accredited by Professional Beauty Direct. Once accredited, you will benefit from being affiliated with Professional Beauty Direct and eligible for professional insurance.
This course will allow you to study in the comfort of your own home. Add on the practical day for hands on training!
Up to 1 year.
You will receive your certificate of achievement in Indian Head Massage.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor-marked assignments and a practical training day.
- Bone classification
- Bones of the head, face, neck and shoulders
- Structure of the skin and hair
- The origins and benefits of Indian head massage
- The techniques and products used in Indian head massage
- Equipment, oils and towels
- What are contraindications?
- Local and total contraindications
- Modifications to massage
- Client consultation and aftercare advice
- Assessing the client
- What information should I use?
- Client history forms
- Pain assessment
- Case studies
- Before you begin
- Massage environment
- Massage positions and sequence
- Stroke variations
- Upper arms
- Health and safety
- Massage stance
- Before you go onto your practical day you will have to have completed the Anatomy and Physiology Theory part of the course. This is essential for your practical training day. This will cover all the anatomy and physiology required for the Level 2 and 3 National Occupational Standards (NOS) for beauty, nails and holistic therapy treatments. It will require all-day classroom attendance and the rest is studied online.
- Understand key theoretical knowledge behind the Swedish body massage technique
- Review and demonstrate effective massage techniques and routines
- Gain health and safety knowledge required to confidently perform a tailored Swedish massage
- Develop a professional understanding of anatomy and physiology required for practising massage
- Learn about client consultation and aftercare advice
This course will be assessed through a series of written assignments, which will be sent and marked by your tutor. Your coursework and anatomy course must be completed before you can proceed onto the practical day.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines. Your practical day will last 6 hours.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, assignments and tutor support for the home study part of the course.
The anatomy course requires a half-day classroom attendance to receive your study materials and the rest will be completed online. You will also need to attend a practical training day in which you have a choice of a variety of centres to choose from throughout the UK.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of achievement in Indian Head Massage.
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website. This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
Your Practical Training day will be accredited by Professional Beauty Direct. Professional Beauty Direct are specialist insurance providers for the beauty industry and offer accredited training for students and professionals. Once accredited by Professional Beauty Direct you will benefit from being eligible for professional insurance.
Completion of the Anatomy and Physiology course will result in a recognised Anatomy certificate required for practicing massage and beauty treatments and for being eligible for professional insurance. This course will cover all of the anatomy & physiology required for the Level 2 and 3 National Occupational Standards (NOS) for beauty, nails and holistic therapy treatments.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto our Massage Level 3 course and the Anatomy and Physiology theory. You will need to have completed the Anatomy and Physiology course before you can process onto your practical day.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
Once you have passed your written assignments and your Anatomy and Physiology theory, you may book your practical day. Simply call us whenever you’re ready and we’ll help arrange this for you.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- One day practical training
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Open Study College pen and highlighter*
- Student study planner*
- Student notebook*
- Document wallet*
* Not included with the online study option
In addition, you will also have access to a Student Trade Card. This gives you access to trade prices, high-quality products that would ordinarily only be available to professionals, exclusive offers and promotions on certain products, PLUS VAT free events throughout the year!
The Anatomy and Physiology theory part of this course will require you to take an online exam.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your tutor to mark and send back to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.