Event Management and Starting Your Own Business Level 3
Gain the skills to become an event manager and start your own business!
- Learn how to develop an events strategy and manage key stakeholders in the planning process.
- Understand how to design events to produce a wow factor for your attendees.
- Study the methods of managing a high performing events team and any potentially hostile stakeholders.
- Explore how to successfully start your own business, including writing a business plan, how to market your business, set a pricing strategy and understanding your business’s finances.
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be delivered to you by post or email, you choose. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you a full years’ worth of support and advice to help get you through your course!
Up to two years.
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Event Management Level 3
- Values of individual clients
- Event design solutions
- Selecting suppliers
- Meeting the needs of individual clients
- The events compass
- Legislation and regulations
- Opportunities for funding events
- Developing a strategy
- Identifying stakeholders
- Impacts stakeholders have on an event
- Designing a stakeholder management plan
- Sources of sponsorship using The Events Compass
- Securing sponsorship for an event
- Unique meanings linked to venues and locations for events
- Designing events with the uniqueness of venues and locations
- Identifying destination locations to meet clients’ needs
- Working with clients
- Designing a mission statement for an event
- Creating a WOW factor
- Appropriate evaluation criteria project plan
- Managing a potentially hostile stakeholder
- Managing a high performing events team
- Potential in events management
Starting Your Own Business Level 3
- Why start your own business?
- Character and motivation
- Before you start: managing yourself and planning
- Market research
- Sales and profits
- Financial planning
- Employing people
- Stock and asset management
- Deciding on the form of your business (sole trader, partnership, limited company)
- How to decide what is best for you
- Setting goals for yourself
- Your product or service
- Value for money
- Segmenting your market
- Identifying your potential customers
- Promoting your business
- Before sale
- After sale
- Understanding your business finances
- Working with figures
- Break-event point
- Fixed and current assets
- Cash flow
- Sources of finance
- Managing your money
- Why do you need a business plan?
- The format and structure of your business plan
- Yourself, your people. your values, your mission
- Your business model
- Your market
- Your competition
- Profit forecast