Event Management and Starting Your Own Business Level 3
Gain the skills to become an event manager and start your own business!
- Learn how to develop an events strategy and manage key stakeholders in the planning process.
- Understand how to design events to produce a wow factor for your attendees.
- Study the methods of managing a high performing events team and any potentially hostile stakeholders.
- Explore how to successfully start your own business, including writing a business plan, how to market your business, set a pricing strategy and understanding your business’s finances.
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be delivered to you by post or email, you choose. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you a full years’ worth of support and advice to help get you through your course!
Up to two years.
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Event Management Level 3
- Values of individual clients
- Event design solutions
- Selecting suppliers
- Meeting the needs of individual clients
- The events compass
- Legislation and regulations
- Opportunities for funding events
- Developing a strategy
- Identifying stakeholders
- Impacts stakeholders have on an event
- Designing a stakeholder management plan
- Sources of sponsorship using The Events Compass
- Securing sponsorship for an event
- Unique meanings linked to venues and locations for events
- Designing events with the uniqueness of venues and locations
- Identifying destination locations to meet clients’ needs
- Working with clients
- Designing a mission statement for an event
- Creating a WOW factor
- Appropriate evaluation criteria project plan
- Managing a potentially hostile stakeholder
- Managing a high performing events team
- Potential in events management
Starting Your Own Business Level 3
- Why start your own business?
- Character and motivation
- Before you start: managing yourself and planning
- Market research
- Sales and profits
- Financial planning
- Employing people
- Stock and asset management
- Deciding on the form of your business (sole trader, partnership, limited company)
- How to decide what is best for you
- Setting goals for yourself
- Your product or service
- Value for money
- Segmenting your market
- Identifying your potential customers
- Promoting your business
- Before sale
- After sale
- Understanding your business finances
- Working with figures
- Break-event point
- Fixed and current assets
- Cash flow
- Sources of finance
- Managing your money
- Why do you need a business plan?
- The format and structure of your business plan
- Yourself, your people. your values, your mission
- Your business model
- Your market
- Your competition
- Profit forecast
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor to be marked. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
No previous skills and knowledge are needed to enrol onto this course. However, it would be beneficial if you already have some experience or understanding of basic event management, such as organising parties or weddings.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will achieve two certificates of achievement in Events Management Level 3 and Starting you own business Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.