Event Management and Starting Your Own Business QLS Level 3
Do you want to take the first step into starting your career in event management? Then this Event Management and Starting Your Own Business QLS Level 3 could be perfect for you.
- Learn how to develop an events strategy and manage key stakeholders in the planning process.
- Understand how to design events to produce a wow factor for your attendees.
- Study the methods of managing a high performing events team and any potentially hostile stakeholders.
- Explore how to successfully start your own business, including writing a business plan, how to market your business, set a pricing strategy and understanding your business’s finances.
If you’re looking to develop a career in event management or entrepreneurship, this Event Management and Starting Your Own Business QLS Level 3 course is a great place to start.
This course has been specifically designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the key principles and practices involved in planning and delivering successful events, as well as the skills and knowledge needed to start and run your own business.
Throughout the course, you will learn about the different types of events that exist, including corporate events, weddings, and festivals, and the factors that contribute to their success.
You will also explore the various stages of event planning, from concept development to post-event evaluation, and gain practical skill in areas such as budgeting, marketing, and project management.
In addition to event management, the course will also equip you with the essential knowledge and skills needed to star your own business, from developing a business plan and identifying your target market, to building a brand and managing finances.
If you’re looking to start your own events company, this course will give you the tools you need to succeed.
By the end of the course, you will have a solid understanding of the principles of event management and entrepreneurship, and be equipped with the practical skills and knowledge needed to put your ideas into action.
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be delivered to you by post or email, you choose. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you a full years’ worth of support and advice to help get you through your course!
Upon the completion of this course, you could look to further your knowledge with our other Event Management courses. If you’re interested in working in Event Management in the future, here are some job titles within the industry:
- Event coordinator
- Event planner
- Event manager
- Meeting planner
- Conference coordinator
- Wedding planner
- Festival manager
- Exhibition organiser
- Sponsorship manager
- Fundraising coordinator
Want to find out more about how you can become an event manager? Take a read our extensive ‘How to become an event manager‘ guide.
Up to two years.
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Values of individual clients
- Event design solutions
- Selecting suppliers
- Meeting the needs of individual clients
- The events compass
- Legislation and regulations
- Opportunities for funding events
- Developing a strategy
- Identifying stakeholders
- Impacts stakeholders have on an event
- Designing a stakeholder management plan
- Sources of sponsorship using The Events Compass
- Securing sponsorship for an event
- Unique meanings linked to venues and locations for events
- Designing events with the uniqueness of venues and locations
- Identifying destination locations to meet clients’ needs
- Working with clients
- Designing a mission statement for an event
- Creating a WOW factor
- Appropriate evaluation criteria project plan
- Managing a potentially hostile stakeholder
- Managing a high performing events team
- Potential in events management
- Why start your own business?
- Character and motivation
- Before you start: managing yourself and planning
- Market research
- Sales and profits
- Financial planning
- Employing people
- Stock and asset management
- Deciding on the form of your business (sole trader, partnership, limited company)
- How to decide what is best for you
- Setting goals for yourself
- Your product or service
- Value for money
- Segmenting your market
- Identifying your potential customers
- Promoting your business
- Before sale
- After sale
- Understanding your business finances
- Working with figures
- Break-event point
- Fixed and current assets
- Cash flow
- Sources of finance
- Managing your money
- Why do you need a business plan?
- The format and structure of your business plan
- Yourself, your people. your values, your mission
- Your business model
- Your market
- Your competition
- Profit forecast
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor to be marked. There is no external examination required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months of tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
You will study this course through distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive two Certificates of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programs. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
No previous skills and knowledge are needed to enrol onto this course. However, it would be beneficial if you already have some experience or understanding of basic event management, such as organising parties or weddings.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated learner services
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will achieve two certificates of achievement in Events Management Level 3 and Starting you own business Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.