Complete Make-Up Artist
Do you want to set up your own make-up business? This complete make-up artist course will provide you with everything you need to know to become one step closer in achieving your dream career!
- Learn about eyelash and eyebrow treatments and how to apply them.
- Understand how to apply make-up professionally.
- Study how to apply specialist make-up treatments such as face and body art, airbrushing and prosthetics.
- Explore how to successfully start your own business, including writing a business plan, how to market your business, set a pricing strategy and understanding your business’s finances.
- Add on the practical and practice your skills!
Study the principles of make-up artistry from the comfort of your home, but still gain all the essential hands-on experience with a 1-day practical training.
This bundle will include Starting Your Own Business Level 3 and Make-Up Artistry.
Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies, so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Add on your practical and gain the practical skills needed.
Up to two years.
You will receive two Certificates of Achievement from ABC Awards and TQUK.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Tutor-marked assignments and completion of a practical day.
Make-Up Artist Level 3
- Facial Treatments
- Skin Structure and skin analysis
- Lip and eye make-up cleanse
- Superficial/deep cleanse
- Toning products and procedures
- Client record card and treatment plan
- Contra-indications to treatment
- Mask therapy
- Facial massage
- Eyelash and brow treatments
- Skin test or patch test
- Eyelash tinting and eyelash perming
- Eyebrow tinting and shaping
- False eyelash application and strip lashes
- Semi-permanent mascara
- Make-up consultation
- Record card and treatment plan
- Product formulations
- Labelling of ingredients
- Mineral make-up
- Product use and information
- Client preparation
- Make-up brushes and tools
- Hygienic application of make-up
- General points of good practice
- Make-up application procedure
- Bridal make-up
- Consumer legislation
- Face and body art make-up
- Make-up colours
- Artificial tanning
- Airbrushing techniques
- Nail treatments and enamelling
- Nail art
- Make-up effects and tools
- Media make-up (theatre/fashion/photographic)
- Cosmetic camouflage
- Blood and blood supply
- The lymphatic system
- The skeleton
- Muscle tissue
- The skin (dermis, epidermis)
- Hair (follicles, structure, colour)
- Nerve endings
- Functions of the skin
- Disorders of the skin
- Hygiene and sterilisation
- Salon management
- Health and safety legislation
- Equal opportunities
- Communication and greeting clients
- Appearance and attitude
- Telephone manner and complaint handling
- Treatment of minors
- Data protection
- Teamwork and time management
- Codes of conduct, ethics and practice
- Employee appraisal
- Setting up your kit
- Tools of the trade
- Basic hygiene
- Understanding skin tones
- Application of foundations, powders and concealers
- Highlighting and contouring
- Eyebrow shaping
- Natural and smoky eyeshadow application
- Basic tear proof eyeliner and mascara techniques
- Eyelash curling
Starting Your Own Business Level 3
- Why start your own business?
- Character and motivation
- Before you start: managing yourself and planning
- Market research
- Sales and profits
- Financial planning
- Employing people
- Stock and asset management
- Deciding on the form of your business (sole trader, partnership, limited company)
- How to decide what is best for you
- Setting goals for yourself
- Your product or service
- Value for money
- Segmenting your market
- Identifying your potential customers
- Promoting your business
- Before sale
- After sale
- Understanding your business finances
- Working with figures
- Break-event point
- Fixed and current assets
- Cash flow
- Sources of finance
- Managing your money
- Why do you need a business plan?
- The format and structure of your business plan
- Yourself, your people. your values, your mission
- Your business model
- Your market
- Your competition
- Profit forecast
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments and practical assessments. Coursework must be completed successfully before you can proceed to the practical training.
You may start at any time and have two full years to complete your studies. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines. A one-day practical session and assessment are also required.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at home or at work. Students receive a course manual, assignments and tutor support for the home study part of the course. You will also need to attend a practical training day in which you have a choice of a variety of centres to choose from throughout the UK.
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Starting Your Own Business Level 3 from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
You will also receive a Certificate of Achievement by Training Qualification UK (TQUK) in Make-Up Artistry Level 3.
This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification.
The Starting Your Own Business Level 3 course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
The Make-Up Artistry Level 3 course itself has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learners’ or employers’ requirements. The course has been endorsed by TQUK. This means Open Study College have undergone external quality checks to ensure that the organisation and the courses’ it offers meet a high standard. Regular reviews of our courses are carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards your Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector.
The course depth and study has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual. In addition, you will receive a Salon Services Certificate of Achievement after the completion of your practical day.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course.
You may start at any time and you will have two years to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle.
Once you have passed your written assignments, you may book your practical assessment. Simply call us whenever you’re ready and we’ll provide you with the details for arranging this. The practical session is run on a student demand basis. You will attend and complete your training day at your chosen centre. A model will be required from 1.30pm on the training day. The training course duration is 1 day from 10am-4pm.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- A one-day practical training
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE make-up kit
- Comprehensive study guide
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Student notebook
- Document wallet
On the practical day, students will receive a full Lord and Berry make-up kit which includes:
- Foundation (two shades)
- Loose matte powder
- Eye shadow
- Lip gloss
- Lip liner
- Make-up brushes
- Eyelash curlers
No. We will issue your certification based on your coursework and successful completion of the practical assessment.
You are required to purchase and bring with you on your practical day:
- Make-up remover
- Makeup wipes
- Cotton wool
- Cotton buds
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.