Foundation Make-Up Diploma
CLM036 / CLM068 / CLM069
Study this Foundation Make-Up Diploma and learn expert techniques on how to professionally apply make-up for daytime, evening, and special occasions...
- Certified Foundation Make-up Diploma, accredited by ABT and IPHM Holistic accreditation board.
- Study your course entirely online via videos and ebooks.
- Assessments submitted online.
- Enables you to apply for professional insurance and start make-up offering services to clients.
- Optional virtual sessions available for a live demo and face to face support.
- Ideal for beauticians or beginners looking to offer more treatments to clients.
Learn how to become a professional makeup artist with expert techniques and tuition on how to apply daytime, evening, and special occasion make-up with this Foundation Make-Up Diploma.
Once you have successfully completed your course, you will receive an accredited diploma from ABT and IPHM. You are also eligible to apply for professional insurance.
When you enrol on this course there is the option to add on a live 2-3 hour interactive session. This is a face-to-face training session that is accessed through a virtual classroom, where your tutor will clearly explain the theory and demonstrate how to perform the treatment. You’ll get the chance to discuss any issues you may be experiencing, and gain invaluable feedback from your tutor. This method of training is ideal because you can log in from anywhere, providing you have a reliable internet connection, and on any device, which saves you the time and cost of travelling to a training centre.
You will receive your ABT and IPHM accredited Foundation Diploma. Eligible to apply for professional insurance.
This course is assessed and certified by Beauty Tribe.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Multiple-choice quiz after each unit. Online workbook portfolio.
- Personal standards and practice
- Effective communication with clients
- Business promotion
- Preparation of the work area
- Health and safety legislation
- Being effective at work
- Promoting products and services
- Retail specific legislation
- Reception duties
- Taking payments and methods
- Hair structure and removal
- Cells and tissues
- The skin
- The skeletal system
- The muscular system
- Blood and the heart
- The lymphatic system
- The systems
- Anatomy of the eye
- Skin types
- Skin diseases and disorders
- Basic colour theory
- Face shapes
- Skin types and characteristics
- Product knowledge and application
- Aftercare and contra-actions
Once enrolled, you can start at any time and you will; have as much time as you need to complete the course. You can access the materials at any time and refer back to them whenever you need to.
With each unit, you will have an online video to watch through. After you have watched the video, there will be a multiple choice quiz for you to complete. Once you have completed the questions with the pass mark, the next unit will become available for you to study.
You can take the multiple-choice questions as many times as you need and support from your tutor is given.
You will also be required to upload evidence of your work in the form of an online workbook. This will involve uploading images of your work before and after which will be reviewed by your tutor. Your tutor will then give you detailed feedback and include areas you can improve on in order to pass the course.
This course is assessed and certified by Beauty Tribe.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be sent online, so receiving your materials is easy. You will also receive personal tutor support by email, so help is only a click away. Your assignments are submitted online.
Once you have passed the course, your ABT and IPHM accredited diploma certificate will be available for download via the portal and stored for you. You have lifetime access to the portal so you can return at any time using your tutorials and eBooks as a reference.
This course is accredited by ABT and IPHM (International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine).
You will also be eligible to apply for professional insurance through Radius Insurance, INSYNC plus selected others, meaning you will be able to legally offer these services to clients.
Live Interactive Sessions
The optional add-on for a live training session with your tutor is an ideal way to recap on the theory behind the treatment and see a live demo of it being performed. The benefits include:
- 2-3 hours long, delivered by your dedicated tutor.
- Live detailed treatment demonstration where you can ask questions via an online video platform.
- A live explanation of the essential theory and how to safely perform the treatment.
- A recording of the training session will be available for you to watch again in your own time.
- Learn from the comfort of your home, and save time and cost associated with travelling to a training centre.
- Watch on your mobile phone, iPad or PC as long as you have a reliable internet connection.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have as long as you need to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
If you choose to add the professional kit to your enrolment, you will also receive:
- Setting spray
- Foundation (x4)
- Cream foundation (x2)
- Eyeshadow and brows palette
- Black eyeliner
- Black mascara
- Brown eyeliner
- Brown mascara
- Black gel eyeliner
- Lip pencil (x2)
- Lipstick and gloss palette
- Blusher and bronzer palette
- Translucent powder
- Colour corrector palette
- Location bag
No. We will issue certification based on your online coursework alone.
You will send your assignments to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your Foundation Make-up Diploma.
If you choose to add on the virtual session, we believe you’ll get the most out of this after you have completed your online study. You’ll give us a call to book your session and we’ll provide you with a range of dates to choose from.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.