Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Mindfulness QLS Level 3
Learn how to use cognitive behavioural therapy and mindfulness as a method of counselling, from home!
- Discover the different cognitive techniques used to treat specific emotional issues
- Understand the historical development of mindfulness and as an independent practice and therapeutic application
- Explore the basic techniques and strategies used in mindfulness
- Learn and teach basic meditation and mindfulness routines
- Apply mindfulness techniques and principles to a variety of contexts within everyday life and for stress reduction and therapeutic purposes
- Understand how to live a mindful life using specific techniques and how to convey these techniques to others
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way.
Up to 2 years.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT Level 3 and a Certificate of Achievement in Mindfulness Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- Social-cognitive perspectives on behaviour
- Overview of behavioural methods
- The ABC Model
- Defining irrational beliefs
- The triadic structure of CBT
- The therapeutic relationship
- Practical skills
- Awareness, knowledge and understanding
- Conversational skills
- Positive experience
- How is therapy delivered?
- CBT Assessment
- Reflective practice
- Forms of assessment
- Case formulation
- Further cognitive strategies
- Problem-solving skills
- Behavioural tasks
- Organising sessions and programmes
- Reading behaviour
- Behaviour and beliefs
- Ending the CBT programme
- The central nervous system (CNS)
- How do drugs work on the CNS?
- CBT and Depression
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Panic Disorder
- Classifications of psychological disorders
- DSM-IV-TR and ICD-10
- More on personality disorders
- Causes and effects of personality disorders
- Acute psychotic episodes
- Reviewing the CBT ethos
- Techniques and practices
- Mood changes
- Mindful intentions
- Problem solving
- Healthy attitudes and positive outcomes
- Modes of doing and being
- Preparing the body for meditation
- Meditative routines
- Challenges to meditation
- Learning to meditate
- Teaching others how to meditate
- Positive psychology
- Negative experiences
- Effects of stress and anxiety
- Understanding depression
- Anger management
- Managing effects of depression
- The mind-body connection
- Pain management and mindfulness
- Using mindfulness during illness
- Using mindfulness for wellbeing
- Being a mindfulness practitioner
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
This course will enable you to work when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality License Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course bundle is approved by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists), at the end of this course students will be able to join and become a member of the ACCPH. The ACCPH is an independent self-regulated professional body for counsellors, psychotherapists and hypnotherapists.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course, but a keen interest in counselling and some basic understanding of counselling skills and theory would be an advantage.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts membership
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student notebook
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT Level 3 and a Certificate of Achievement in Mindfulness Level 3.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.