Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT Level 3
Learn how to use cognitive behavioural therapy as a method of counselling.
- The National Institute for Clinical Excellence recommends cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) as an effective treatment of many mental health conditions
- Discover the different cognitive techniques used to treat specific emotional issues
- CBT uses the approach of assessing the patient’s problem rather than the symptoms
- CBT aims to replace negative feelings with positive ones to create an emotional balance
This course will allow you to study the convenient way! You decide when and where you learn, at your own pace. Your coursework can be submitted by either post or email, making it easy and hassle-free.
You choose whether you want to study this course online or as a course pack. All your course materials will then be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be simpler. Our experienced and friendly tutors are there to help you every step of the way by email, so help is only a click away!
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Tutor Marked Assignments.
- Social-cognitive perspectives on behaviour
- Overview of behavioural methods
- The ABC Model
- Defining irrational beliefs
- The triadic structure of CBT
- The therapeutic relationship
- Practical skills
- Awareness, knowledge and understanding
- Conversational skills
- Positive experience
- How is therapy delivered?
- CBT Assessment
- Reflective practice
- Forms of assessment
- Case formulation
- Further cognitive strategies
- Problem-solving skills
- Behavioural tasks
- Organising sessions and programmes
- Reading behaviour
- Behaviour and beliefs
- Ending the CBT programme
- The central nervous system (CNS)
- How do drugs work on the CNS?
- CBT and Depression
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Panic Disorder
- Classifications of psychological disorders
- DSM-IV-TR and ICD-10
- More on personality disorders
- Causes and effects of personality disorders
- Acute psychotic episodes
- Reviewing the CBT ethos
This course is assessed through a series of written assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or sent to you via email, so receiving your course is easy and hassle-free. You will also receive tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course is approved by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists), at the end of this course students will be able to join and become a member of the ACCPH. The ACCPH is an independent self-regulated professional body for counsellors, psychotherapists and hypnotherapists.
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website. This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous skills or qualifications to enrol onto this course.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.