Counselling QLS Level 3
Boost your knowledge of counselling and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long-term success.
- This course is perfect for those who wish to develop a sound foundation of counselling theory knowledge.
- Students will study key aspects and competencies required for counselling, as well as studying the nature of professional counselling relationships.
- You will also have the opportunity to explore a range of theoretical approaches to counselling, which is ideal if you require a broad overview before pursuing a specialist field of counselling, such as psychotherapy.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
This course is approved by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists), at the end of this course students will be able to join and become a member of the ACCPH. The ACCPH is an independent self-regulated professional body for counsellors, psychotherapists and hypnotherapists.
Up to one year
Approximately 80 hours
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
- Who becomes a counsellor?
- Counselling theory and skills
- Problems with directed advice
- Why do people seek counselling?
- Counselling types and settings
- Training and knowledge development
- Structure of counselling
- The main theoretical approaches
- Counselling skills and core competencies
- Ending the counselling relationship
- The counselling relationship
- The counselling contract
- Dealing with clients in crisis
- How theory evolved
- Object relations and ego psychology
- Bringing it all together
- Rogers and the person-centred approach
- The existential approach
- Theoretical perspectives
- Behaviour and learning
- The ABC model
- Defining irrational beliefs
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- The triadic structure of CBT
- CBT Assessment
- Awareness, knowledge and understanding
- Practical skills
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted and then marked by your tutor. No external examination is required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course will enable you to work when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
No previous knowledge or skills are required to enrol onto this course.
• Dedicated personal tutor support
• Dedicated student support
• Assignment marking and feedback
• FREE XO Student Discounts card
• FREE CV critique service
• FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
• *Comprehensive study guide
• *Open Study College pen and highlighter
• *Student study planner
• *Student notebook
• *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
Once we receive your work, we will mark it and return it to you. On successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Counselling Level 3.
No. Your certification is issued based on your tutor-marked assignments alone.
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.