Introduction to Counselling Level 2
Begin your studies in counselling from home with this level 2 course!
- Gain a solid introduction to counselling and understand the skills you will need to become a successful counsellor.
- Study key counselling theories such as transactional analysis and the personality compass.
- Learn more about the key drivers of a person’s character and how life events can impact this.
- Understand how to put your counselling knowledge in to practice.
Counsellors encourage clients to explore their feelings, understand their situations better and make positive changes to their lives. This course is the perfect introduction to your study of counselling.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or via email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
This course is approved by the ACCPH (Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists), at the end of this course students will be able to join and become a member of the ACCPH. The ACCPH is an independent self-regulated professional body for counsellors, psychotherapists and hypnotherapists.
Up to 12 months
Approximately 80 hours
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary
There are no specific entry requirements for this course
- Counselling in context
- The TRACTICS model
- So, what is counselling?
- Helping with self-reflection
- Developing self-awareness
- Introduction to transactional analysis
- The three states
- Taking control of the parent and child
- What is personality?
- MBTI elements of personality
- Introversion and extraversion
- Sensing and intuition
- Thinking and feeling
- Trying to be someone else
- What is character
- Four key drivers of character
- Inner conflict
- Resolving inner conflict
- Life events and their impact on character
- The character compass
- Guardians, adventurers, warriors and sages
- Some typical issues about character
- Five domains of emotional intelligence
- The influence of emotions on judgements
- Managing emotions
- Motivating yourself
- Empathy for others
- Social skill
- You as a counsellor
- Acting with integrity
- Getting to know the client
- Challenge and support
- Ask, don’t tell
- The counselling journey
This course is assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 80 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
This course will enable you to work when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
No previous knowledge or skills are required to enrol onto this course.
• Dedicated personal tutor support
• Dedicated student support
• Assignment marking and feedback
• FREE XO Student Discounts card
• FREE CV critique service
• FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
• *Comprehensive study guide
• *Open Study College pen and highlighter
• *Student study planner
• *Student notebook
• *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
Once we receive your work, we will mark it and return it to you. On successful completion of the course your Certificate of Achievement in Introduction to Counselling Level 2.
No. Your certification is issued based on your tutor-marked assignments alone.
No. Everything you need is included in the price!
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.