AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting Level 3
Recognised AAT Qualification
Do you love numbers? Have you ever thought of becoming an accountant? With our AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting Level 3 course including assessments, you can be one step ahead. Study your level 3 qualification from home today!
- Gain up to 56 UCAS points to help you land your place at university
- Understand the principles of accounting and double-entry bookkeeping
- Learn how to record and account for non-current assets
- Develop an understanding in advanced bookkeeping
- Explore an organisation’s costing systems
- Recognise VAT regulations
- Study how to create a spreadsheet for accounting
Your course materials will be delivered to you by post or online, meaning studying couldn’t be easier! Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way through email support.
You’ll have the flexibility to work at your own pace. You can submit your coursework either by post or via email, so handing in your assignments are simple.
As well as your AAT course materials and tutor support, this course includes the examination fees required to successfully complete your course and gain your AAT qualification.
Up to 1 year.
Approximately 250 hours.
If you pass your exams you will receive your AAT Advanced Diploma In Accounting Level 3.
10 tutor marked assessments, 4 x unit exams and 1 synoptic assessment.
- Understanding accepted principles of accounting and double-entry bookkeeping
- Understanding accounting methods of recording non-current assets
- Accounting for purchase of non-current assets
- Accounting for depreciation and adjustments
- Accounting for disposal of non-current assets
- Preparing and extending the trial balance
- Understanding the process involved in preparing final accounts
- Preparing accounting records from incomplete information
- Producing final accounts for sole traders
- Understanding partnerships’ legislative and accounting requirements
- Preparing a statement of profit or loss appropriation account
- Preparing a financial position statement relating to a partnership
- Understanding an organisation’s costing systems
- Recording and analysing cost information
- Apportioning costs to organisational requirements
- Analysing budget deviations and reporting these to management
- Using information gathered from costing systems to assist decision making
- Understanding VAT regulations
- Completing VAT returns accurately and on time
- Understanding VAT penalties and adjust for previous errors
- Communicating VAT information
- Understanding principles of ethical working
- Understanding ethical behaviour when working with internal and external customers
- Understanding when and how to take appropriate action following suspected ethical codes breaches
- Understanding the ethical responsibility of finance professionals in promoting sustainability
- Using a spreadsheet to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data
- Selecting and using appropriate formulas and data analysis tools and techniques
- Presenting, formatting and publishing spreadsheet information
This course is assessed by 10 tutor marked assessments, 4 unit exams and 1 synoptic assessment. Your unit exams and synoptic assessment are computer-based assessments that are taken at an external exam centre. The 4 unit assessments are available on demand throughout the year while the synoptic are available at set dates throughout the year.
If you add on the exams, the assessments for this course are included in the price you pay, and will be taken at a centre in Irthlingborough, near Northampton. We will book these for you when you feel you are ready. Please note – when booking this package, it is important to note that we are only able to book assessments at the specified centre in Irthlingborough, and you must therefore be prepared to travel to the centre to complete your assessment.
If you choose not to add these on, you will need to book and pay for these yourself separately.
This course takes approximately 250 study hours to complete. Students have a year to complete the course from the date of enrolment.
Once you enrol, you will receive all course materials by post. You will receive full tutor support for a year via email.
On successful completion of your AAT exams you will receive a Certificate awarded by The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) has been established for over 30 years and is a leading membership organisation for over 120,000 accounting professionals.
AAT qualifications are recognised internationally and by all UK chartered and certified accountancy bodies.
You must be 16 years old in order to enrol onto this course, as well as have basic mathematical skills and IT literacy. To enrol straight onto this course you are also required to have a thorough understanding of double entry bookkeeping, the ledger, VAT and its associated terminology. The software is provided as a download so you will need to ensure that your computer has an internet connection.
- Comprehensive study guide
- Dedicated personal tutor support by email
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- Exclusive Open Study College study pack
- FREE Sage 50 Accounts software (available as a download only – you must have an internet connection and the ability to save the software to your device)
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
The Sage 50 Accounts software will only work on computers which run Windows 7 or higher, therefore Sage will not run on Windows XP. Sage software will not run on any Apple Macintosh computer. Please email us for full specification and compatibility details.
To sit your exams, you must join AAT as a student member, which will then give you access to their resources. If you add these on, the cost of the exams is included within the price of the course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.