Sale! AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting
AAT050 / AAT051
Take your accounting career to the next level with this AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting course!
- Achieve this AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting qualification from one of the most respected and widely known awarding bodies worldwide.
- AAT qualifications are recognised both internationally and by all UK chartered and certified accounting bodies.
- Accountants with an AAT qualification are highly sought after by companies of all sizes.
- Ideal for anyone looking to progress their career in accounting and finance.
- Achieve this qualification from the comfort your own home, at your own pace.
- If you add your exams to your enrolment, we will book and pay for them for you!
- Successful students can apply for full AAT membership and achieve professional MAAT status.
This AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting course has been designed for experienced, knowledgeable accountants who are looking to take their careers to the next level.
During your studies, you’ll explore several mandatory topics, as well as two specialist units which you can choose from the list of optional units.
AAT is the world’s leading professional membership body for accounting technicians, working with members around the world. Their accounting courses are highly sought-after and as an AAT qualification, this accredited accounting qualification will help you to progress in your career.
You will need to complete your AAT exams to complete and achieve your qualification. You can choose to add your AAT exams to your enrolment. If you do not add your exams to your enrolment, you will be responsible for booking and paying for your exams.
Up to one year.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive your AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting.
You must be aged 16 or over to enrol on this course.
Five tutor-marked assessments and five exams.
- Understanding and implementing the organisational planning process.
- Use internal processes to enhance operational control.
- Use techniques to aid short-term and long-term decision-making.
- Analyse and report on business performance.
- Reporting frameworks that underpin financial reporting.
- Drafting statutory financial statements for limited companies.
- Drafting consolidated financial statements.
- Interpreting financial statements using ratio analysis.
- Roles and responsibilities of the accounting function within an organisation.
- Evaluating internal control systems.
- Evaluating an organisation’s accounting system and underpinning procedures.
- The impact of technology on accounting systems.
- Preparing tax computations for sole traders and partnerships.
- Preparing tax computations for limited companies.
- Preparing tax computations for the sale of capital assets by limited companies.
- The administrative requirements of the UK’s tax regime.
- The tax implications of business disposals.
- Understand tax relief, tax planning, and agent’s responsibilities in reporting taxation to HM Revenue and Customs.
- Principles and rules that underpin taxation systems.
- Calculating UK taxpayers’ total income.
- Calculating income tax and national insurance contributions (NICs) payable to UK taxpayers.
- Calculating capital gains tax by UK taxpayers.
- Principles of inheritance tax.
- Understand the audit and assurance framework.
- Importance of professional ethics.
- The planning process for audit and assurance.
- Reviewing and reporting findings.
- Preparing forecasts for cash receipts and payments.
- Preparing cash budgets and monitoring cash flows.
- The importance of managing finance and liquidity.
- Understand the way of raising finance and investing funds.
- Regulations and organisational policies that influence decisions in managing cash and finance.
- Relevant legislation and contract law that impacts the credit control environment.
- How information is used to assess credit risk and grant credit in compliance with organisational policies and procedures.
- Understand the organisation’s credit control processes for managing and collecting debts.
- Techniques available for collecting debts.
Once enrolled, you have up to one year to complete your studies. The course will take approximately 985 hours to complete in total, of which 390 hours are proposed guided learning hours.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
You will pay a one-off registration fee of £244 which will give you access to the qualification for its lifetime, which is typically four to five years. Once you have registered with AAT for your student membership, you will have access to their library of online resources and additional support materials, including sample assessments to help you prepare for your exams.
We will send an email with a link to download the free Sage software.
You will need to complete five units on this course from a mix of mandatory and optional units. The mandatory units are:
- Applied management accounting
- Drafting and interpreting financial statements
- Internal accounting systems and controls
You will also then need to choose two units from the following list of optional units:
- Business tax
- Personal tax
- Audit and assurance
- Cash and financial management
- Credit and debit management
The qualification is assessed through five tutor-marked assessments and five external exams, which you will complete at the end of your course. This computer-based exam must be sat under controlled conditions at an external examination centre. Your tutor will be able to help you decide when you are ready to take the assessments.
Booking your assessments
You can choose to add your exams to your enrolment. If you choose this option, we will book and pay for your exams for you. Our partner exam centres for students choosing to book their exams through us are based in Birmingham or Irthlingborough near Northampton. When choosing to add your exams to your enrolment, it is important to note that we are only able to book your exams at the specified centres in either Birmingham or Irthlingborough, and therefore, you must be prepared to travel to one of those centres to complete your exam.
Alternatively, if you choose not to add your assessments to your enrolment, you will need to book and pay for these separately.
Once you have successfully completed your tutor-marked assignments and exams, you will receive your AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting from The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) has been established for over 30 years and is the world’s leading professional membership body for over 130,000 accounting professionals. AAT’s vocational qualifications are recognised internationally and by all chartered and certified accountancy bodies in the UK.
The skills developed during this course will enable you to apply for the following roles:
- Commercial analyst
- Payroll manager
- Fixed asset accountant
- Indirect tax manager
- Tax supervisor
- VAT accountant
Take a read of our ‘How to Become an Accountant‘ career guide.
You must be at least 16 years old to enrol on this course, as well as have basic maths and IT skills. It is also strongly advised that you have previously achieved an AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting, or you are already working in an accounting role.
- Comprehensive study guide.
- Dedicated personal tutor support by email.
- Dedicated learner services.
- Assignment marking and feedback.
To sit your exams, you must join AAT as a student member, which will then give you access to their resources. If you add your exams to your enrolment, these are included within the cost. However, if you choose to book your exams separately, you must book and pay for them yourself.
More information on fees can be found on the AAT website.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.