Accounting and Finance Level 4
Boost your knowledge of accounting and finance from home and achieve a Level 4 in Accounting and Finance.
- Develop your knowledge of how to look at accounting from a business perspective and understand how accounting can help management to make decisions.
- Learn more about the basics of accounting and the budgetary controls available such as developing budgets for each department.
- Understand how to assess the financial performance of an organisation can be assessed.
- Study commonly used financial ratios such as liquidity, solvency and gearing, as well as how they can be used to determine the financial efficiency.
This level 4 course gives you the equivalent of the first year of an undergraduate degree in accounting and finance.
It is ideal for:
- Students who want to develop their accounting and finance knowledge.
- Learners that want to go onto university and further learning.
- Those aspiring to work or progress their career in accounting, finance or bookkeeping.
This course provides you with the equivalent skills and education of the first two years of an undergraduate degree, at a pace that suits you.
Join over 100,000 other students who chose to improve their education and boost their employability through distance learning.
Up to five years.
You will receive an ATHE Level 4 in Accounting and Finance.
You must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education.
Online assessments and written assignments.
- Explore external issues that may affect the business such as economics, nature, competition and international dimensions.
- Study key areas of accounting from a business perspective, as well as how accountancy can inform and guide decisions made by management.
- Understand the importance of managing resources and how they can help the organisation to achieve significant gains.
- Improve your knowledge of numeric exercises and how they can be used within the context of the business.
- Learners will understand accounts and how they can provide valuable insights into the health of the business.
- Explore the methods of financial control using budgets, including developing and implementing departmental budgets which are then combined to form a master budget.
- Understand how financial performance can be assessed in organisations, including the use of financial statements and accounting standards.
- Learn more about the application and meaning of commonly used financial ratios.
- Study the preparation and presentation of the three financial statements.
- Improve your knowledge of how to determine financial efficiency, including debt repayment capacity and investment appraisals to assess the future financial success of the organisation.
This course is assessed through online assessments and written assignments. Once you have completed each module, you will be provided with an online assessment of 30 multiple-choice questions to complete.
Once each module and online assessment is completed you will be provided with the details for each written assessment. Each assessment is between 3000 – 5000 words long.
You will have access to your course and materials for five years. This is more than enough time to give you the flexibility to work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
Each module contains 40 guided learning hours of study material, and an additional 30-50 hours of optional materials are also provided. These include resources such as exercises, additional reading, internet resources and self-testing exercises.
You will study this course via distance learning which means you are in control of your learning. Study when and where you choose and at a pace that suits you.
Throughout the duration of your studies, you will have access to one-to-one Skype sessions with your tutor, interactive and informative webinars and an online social learning forum to help you along your journey.
This course is taught via Online Business School.
Upon completion of this course, students will receive an ATHE Level 4 in Accounting and Finance. This qualification is fully regulated by Ofqual.
The Level 4 modules and assessments are equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate degree. On completion of this course, students will be able to progress onto a final year of an accredited Undergraduate Degree programme or equivalent.
In order to enrol onto this course, you must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education.
You may start at any time and have up to five years to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
No. This course is assessed based on tutor-marked assignments.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Each online multiple-choice assessment will be marked immediately, and the results will be shown on screen.
Once you have completed your written assessments, these will be marked and returned to you. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.