Accounting and Finance Level 4 and 5
Are you looking to pursue a career in accounting, or even further your knowledge in the field? Then this Ofqual qualified Accounting and Finance Level 4 and 5 bundle course could be just for you. You will dive into the fundamentals of accounting before completing an Extended Diploma in Management.
- Learn more about the basics of accounting and the budgetary controls available, such as developing budgets for each department.
- Understand how to assess the financial performance of an organisation can be assessed.
- Study commonly used financial ratios such as liquidity, solvency and gearing, as well as how they can be used to determine the financial efficiency.
- Study the external factors that affect the business operations such as economics and nature.
- Explore the fundamentals of accounting and how to make good financial decisions.
- Learn more about organisational structures and how it differs between organisations.
- Understand how to evaluate employee performance and how you can improve as a team.
This ATHE Accounting and Finance Level 4 course is combined with a Level 5 Extended Diploma and will give you the equivalent of the first two years of an undergraduate degree in accounting and finance. For those who want to broaden their knowledge in accounting, it has been designed to develop the essential understanding and skills needed to understand the accountancy and tax regulatory environment, what is expected of a professional accountant, and the operation requirements to succeed in accounting and finance. When moving onto the Level 5 Extended Diploma, you will learn about the importance of setting goals, business law, and more.
It is ideal for:
- Students who want to develop their accounting and finance knowledge.
- Learners that want to progress to university and further learning.
- Those aspiring to progress their career in accounting, finance or bookkeeping.
Future career options:
- Chartered accountant
- Finance manager
- Management accountant
- External auditor
- Forensic accountant
- Internal audit
- Business analyst
This course provides you with the equivalent skills and education of the first two years of an undergraduate degree, at a pace that suits you.
Join over 110,000 other students who chose to improve their education and boost their employability through distance learning.
Up to five years.
You will receive an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Accounting and Finance and a Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management.
You must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education.
Online and written assignments.
Accounting and Finance Level 4 603/3483/6
Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management – 600/4375/1
- Explore external issues that may affect the business such as economics, nature, competition and international dimensions.
- Study key areas of accounting from a business perspective, as well as how accountancy can inform and guide decisions made by management.
- Understand the importance of managing resources and how they can help the organisation to achieve significant gains.
- Improve your knowledge of numeric exercises and how they can be used within the context of the business.
- Learners will understand accounts and how they can provide valuable insights into the health of the business.
- Explore the methods of financial control using budgets, including developing and implementing departmental budgets which are then combined to form a master budget.
- Understand how financial performance can be assessed in organisations, including the use of financial statements and accounting standards.
- Learn more about the application and meaning of commonly used financial ratios.
- Study the preparation and presentation of the three financial statements.
- Improve your knowledge of how to determine financial efficiency, including debt repayment capacity and investment appraisals to assess the future financial success of the organisation.
- Understanding the necessary skills and qualities of entrepreneurs.
- Examine the structure of organisations and why they are structured in that way. How is this determined? Why does it differ between organisations?
- You will complete exercises in accounts throughout this module to understand what they are telling us and the actions that analysis can precipitate.
- Understand the importance of goal setting and how a company can work towards achieving this.
- Discover the impact that politics has on a business, both positive and negative, including economic impacts, exports and the support of the government.
- Explore the statutory responsibilities of managers as learners look into the legalities of business and business executives.
- Look at governance and equality as a means to do right in business.
- Evaluate the performance of the people within your business and how you can improve as a unit. Review reward structures, training, CPD and development.
- Analyse markets, customers, competitors and products, and how they can come together.
- Understand the use of numeric exercises and their purpose within a business.
This course is assessed through online assessments and written assignments. Once you have completed each module, you will be provided with an online assessment of 30 multiple-choice questions to complete.
Once each module and online assessment is completed you will be provided with the details for each written assessment. Each assessment is between 3000 – 5000 words long.
You will have access to your course and materials for five years. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
Each module contains 40 guided learning hours of study material, and an additional 30-50 hours of optional materials are also provided. These include resources such as exercises, additional reading, internet resources and self-testing exercises.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All of your materials will be posted or online, depending on the study method you choose. If you choose to study online, your login details will be emailed to you. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away.
One-to-one Skype sessions with your tutor will be provided, as well as interactive and informative webinars. Students can also get help from a community of students/tutors in an online social learning forum to help along the journey.
This course is taught via Online Business School. Upon completion of this course, students will receive a Level 4 in Accounting and Finance and a Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management. This qualification is fully regulated by Ofqual.
The level 4 modules and assessments are equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate degree, and the level 5 modules and assessments are equivalent to the second year of an undergraduate degree. On completion of this course, students will be able to progress onto a final year of an accredited undergraduate degree programme or equivalent.
ATHE is a global awarding organisation that is regulated by Ofqual and other UK and international regulators. They offer a wide range of courses that are orientated towards getting a job, which are approved as pathways to progress up to relevant Bachelors or Masters top-up degrees by 25 UK and international universities. The qualifications are designed for maximum flexibility, allowing students to study at their own pace.
Upon completion of the Accounting and Financing Level 4 course and the Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management, you will be able to progress onto a final year of an accredited undergraduate degree programme or equivalent.
Take a read of our ‘How to Become an Accountant’ career guide here.
In order to enrol onto this course, you must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education.
You may start at any time and have up to five years to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
No. This course is assessed based on tutor-marked assignments.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Each online multiple-choice assessment will be marked immediately, and the results will be shown on screen.
Once you have completed your written assessments, these will be marked and returned to you. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.