Accounting and Finance Level 4 and 5
Boost your skills in accounting and finance from home and achieve an Ofqual regulated Level 4 Diploma in Accounting and Finance and a Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management.
- Study the external factors that affect the business operations such as economics and nature.
- Explore the fundamentals of accounting and how to make good financial decisions.
- Learn more about organisational structures and how it differs between organisations.
- Understand how to evaluate employee performance and how you can improve as a team.
Combining both level 4 and 5, this course gives you the equivalent of the first two years of an undergraduate degree in accounting and finance.
It is ideal for:
- Students who want to develop their accounting and finance knowledge.
- Learners that want to progress to university and further learning.
- Those aspiring to progress their career in accounting, finance or bookkeeping.
This course provides you with the equivalent skills and education of the first two years of an undergraduate degree, at a pace that suits you.
Join over 90,000 other students who chose to improve their education and boost their employability through distance learning.
Up to five years
You will receive an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Accounting and Finance and a Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management.
You must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education.
Online and written assignments.
- Explore external issues that may affect the business such as economics, nature, competition and international dimensions.
- Study key areas of accounting from a business perspective, as well as how accountancy can inform and guide decisions made by management.
- Understand the importance of managing resources and how they can help the organisation to achieve significant gains.
- Improve your knowledge of numeric exercises and how they can be used within the context of the business.
- Learners will understand accounts and how they can provide valuable insights into the health of the business.
- Explore the methods of financial control using budgets, including developing and implementing departmental budgets which are then combined to form a master budget.
- Understand how financial performance can be assessed in organisations, including the use of financial statements and accounting standards.
- Learn more about the application and meaning of commonly used financial ratios.
- Study the preparation and presentation of the three financial statements.
- Improve your knowledge of how to determine financial efficiency, including debt repayment capacity and investment appraisals to assess the future financial success of the organisation.
- Understanding the necessary skills and qualities of entrepreneurs.
- Examine the structure of organisations and why they are structured in that way. How is this determined? Why does it differ between organisations?
- Learners will complete exercises in accounts throughout this module to understand what they are telling us and the actions that analysis can precipitate.
- Understand the importance of goal setting and how a company can work towards achieving this.
- Discover the impact that politics has on a business, both positive and negative, including economic impacts, exports and the support of the government.
- Explore the statutory responsibilities of managers as learners look into the legalities of business and business executives.
- Look at governance and equality as a means to do right in business.
- Evaluate the performance of the people within your business and how you can improve as a unit. Review reward structures, training, CPD and development.
- Analyse markets, customers, competitors and products, and how they can come together.
- Understand the use of numeric exercises and their purpose within a business.
This course is assessed through online assessments and written assignments. Once you have completed each module, you will be provided with an online assessment of 30 multiple-choice questions to complete.
Once each module and online assessment is completed you will be provided with the details for each written assessment. Each assessment is between 3000 – 5000 words long.
You will have access to your course and materials for five years. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
Each module contains 40 guided learning hours of study material, and an additional 30-50 hours of optional materials are also provided. These include resources such as exercises, additional reading, internet resources and self-testing exercises.
You will study this course via distance learning which means you are in control of your learning. Study when and where you choose and at a pace that suits you.
Throughout the duration of your studies, you will have access to one-to-one Skype sessions with your tutor, interactive and informative webinars and an online social learning forum to help you along your journey.
This course is taught via Online Business School.
Upon completion of this course, students will receive a Level 4 in Accounting and Finance and a Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management. This qualification is fully regulated by Ofqual.
The level 4 modules and assessments are equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate degree, and the level 5 modules and assessments are equivalent to the second year of an undergraduate degree. On completion of this course, students will be able to progress onto a final year of an accredited undergraduate degree programme or equivalent.
In order to enrol onto this course, you must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education.
You may start at any time and have up to five years to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with one-to-one Skype sessions
- Dedicated student support
- Access to an online social learning forum
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
No. This course is assessed based on tutor-marked assignments.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Each online multiple-choice assessment will be marked immediately, and the results will be shown on screen.
Once you have completed your written assessments, these will be marked and returned to you. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your certificate.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.