Teaching Assistant and Understanding Autism Level 3
Are you interested in the role of a teaching assistant? Do you want to develop your knowledge of autism? Then with this bundle you can do just that, from home!
- Understand how autism is identified and diagnosed
- Explore the key features of autism in terms of ‘the triad of impairments’
- Identify and understand the key features of disorders that may accompany autism or be diagnosed alongside it
- Learn that autism is a spectrum disorder which affects individuals in a wide variety of ways
- Identify practical ways to support individuals in their day-to-day functioning, in terms of helping them to address and overcome difficulties experienced as a result of the triad of impairments
- Understand how best to support individuals with autism in terms of promoting good health, social inclusion and active participation
- Explore the problems individuals with autism may face in terms of discrimination, bullying and access to opportunities and services
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies, so you can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Up to 2 years.
Approximately 160 hours.
Teaching Assistant and Understanding Autism Level 3.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Teaching Assistant Level 3
- Accommodating different learning styles
- Independent learning
- Supporting independent learning
- Learning activities
- Primary school activities
- Secondary school activities
- Feedback on learning activities
- Play and development
- Creating play spaces
- Involving children in play space creation
- The importance of the consultation process
- Supporting a play session
- Play space legislation
- Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- Risk assessments for play spaces
- Modelling appropriate behaviour
- External factors
- Supporting behavioural difficulties
- Rewarding positive behaviour
- Recognising positive behaviour
- Effective communication
- Applying communication to teams
- Team working
- Relationship issues within a team
- Minimising conflict
- Coordinating the classroom
- Learning and development patterns
- Intellectual learning and development patterns
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
- Communication and language
- Creating a stimulating work environment
- Gifted and talented programmes
- Delivering a gifted and talented programme
- Equality of access legislation
- Providing equality of access
- Interaction and communication needs
- Promoting non-verbal communication skills
- Supporting emotional and social needs
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
Understanding Autism Level 3
- The triad of impairments
- Communication and social interaction
- Repetitive and obsessive behaviour
- Formal and informal networks
- Communication and social reaction
- Managing behaviour
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Five key senses
- The vestibular system’
- Supporting individuals
- Poor health
- Social exclusion
- Develop plans
- Social inclusion
- Person-centred values
- Person-centred practice
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
Once enrolled, you will have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course), which will allow you to work at your own pace without the pressure of tight deadlines. You will also receive 12 months tutor support for each course, so you can feel confident that you’ll get the help you need. This bundle will take you approximately 160 hours to complete. Studying around your work and family commitments has never been easier.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted to you or sent by email, it’s that simple. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course successful learners will receive two Certificate’s of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol on to this course, although a good standard of English to a level 2 would be beneficial.
You may start at any time and have two years to complete this bundle (one year per course). This bundle is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- FREE TOTUM card (formerly NUS)
- * Comprehensive study guide
- * Open Study College Pen and highlighter
- * Student study planner
- * Student notebook
- * Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
No, everything you need is included in the price!
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your Teaching Assistant Level 3 and Understanding Autism Level 3 Certificates.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.