Teaching Assistant Level 3
Develop your knowledge of the role of a teaching assistant with this Level 3 course!
- Explore the role of teaching assistants in schools and how they support teaching and learning activities.
- Study how to support pupils with particular needs.
- Understand how to develop, recognise and reward positive behaviour in pupils.
- Become an effective member of the teaching staff team and develop your communication and teamworking skills.
All course materials will be delivered to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors will help you every step of the way by email.
You can work at your own pace. Completed coursework can be delivered by post or via email, so handing in an assignment is simple.
Boost your career opportunities and equip yourself with the skills you need for your long-term success. Home learning is simple and stress-free, so enrol with us today!
Up to one year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Accommodating different learning styles
- Independent learning
- Supporting independent learning
- Learning activities
- Primary school activities
- Secondary school activities
- Feedback on learning activities
- Play and development
- Creating play spaces
- Involving children in play space creation
- The importance of the consultation process
- Supporting a play session
- Play space legislation
- Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- Risk assessments for play spaces
- Modelling appropriate behaviour
- External factors
- Supporting behavioural difficulties
- Rewarding positive behaviour
- Recognising positive behaviour
- Effective communication
- Applying communication to teams
- Team working
- Relationship issues within a team
- Minimising conflict
- Coordinating the classroom
- Learning and development patterns
- Intellectual learning and development patterns
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
- Communication and language
- Creating a stimulating work environment
- Gifted and talented programmes
- Delivering a gifted and talented programme
- Equality of access legislation
- Providing equality of access
- Interaction and communication needs
- Promoting non-verbal communication skills
- Supporting emotional and social needs
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
This course is assessed by a series of assignments, which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination is required.
This course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. You can start at any time and there is no deadline for completion, so that you can study at your own pace.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Please note: The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. If you are looking for a fully recognised teaching assistant qualification, take a look at our NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to fit around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE TOTUM card (formerly NUS)
- FREE CV writing service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- Comprehensive study guide*
- Open Study College pen and highlighter*
- Student study planner*
- Student notebook*
- Document wallet*
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you. On successful completion of the course, you will achieve a Teaching Assistant Level 3 Certificate of Achievement.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.