Teaching Assistant QLS Level 3
Develop your understanding of the role of a teaching assistant with this Level 3 Teaching Assistant course!
- This course is a great addition to your CV which will help you to progress your career in education.
- Study relevant topics such as how to be an effective team member and how you can support students with special education needs.
- Study at your own pace from home.
Save £679 when you buy this course as a package
Save £679 when you buy this course as a package
This Teaching Assistant QLS Level 3 course is a knowledge-based course that will allow you to develop your knowledge and understanding of the role of a teaching assistant. It is ideal for anyone considering a career as a teaching assistant who wants to understand more about the role, or someone currently working as a teaching assistant who wishes to expand their existing knowledge.
During this course, you will explore topics such as how you can plan learning activities that accommodate different learning styles; how you can support pupils with behavioural difficulties; and the ways in which you can support pupils with different communication and interaction needs.
Up to one year.
Approximately 120 hours.
You will receive a Teaching Assistant QLS Level 3 certificate of achievement from the Quality License Scheme.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- Accommodating different learning styles
- Independent learning
- Supporting independent learning
- Learning activities
- Primary school activities
- Secondary school activities
- Feedback on learning activities
- Play and development
- Creating play spaces
- Involving children in play space creation
- The importance of the consultation process
- Supporting a play session
- Play space legislation
- Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- Risk assessments for play spaces
- Modelling appropriate behaviour
- External factors
- Supporting behavioural difficulties
- Rewarding positive behaviour
- Recognising positive behaviour
- Effective communication
- Applying communication to teams
- Team working
- Relationship issues within a team
- Minimising conflict
- Coordinating the classroom
- Learning and development patterns
- Intellectual learning and development patterns
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
- Communication and language
- Creating a stimulating work environment
- Gifted and talented programmes
- Delivering a gifted and talented programme
- Equality of access legislation
- Providing equality of access
- Interaction and communication needs
- Promoting non-verbal communication skills
- Supporting emotional and social needs
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for anyone considering a career as a teaching assistant who wants to understand more about the role, or someone currently working as a teaching assistant who wishes to expand their existing knowledge.
This course is assessed by a series of assignments which are submitted to your tutor for marking. No external examination or practical work is required, so you can complete all assessed work from home.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 120 hours to complete. This allows you to work at your own pace, without the pressure of tight deadlines.
This course will be studied entirely via distance learning, meaning you will complete your learning either from home or a place that suits you. Full tutor support will be available via email, so if you have any questions or need some guidance, your tutor will be here to help. Your course materials will include a series of self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked questions to allow both yourself and your tutor to monitor your progress.
The study method you choose depends on your personal learning style. Your options are:
- Study pack: if you choose the study pack option, you will be sent a set of printed course materials.
- Study online: if you choose this option, you will be sent your login details to our online portal through which you will access your course materials digitally. You can access your course via a desktop/laptop computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement in Teaching Assistant QLS Level 3 from the Quality License Scheme. You will also receive a learner unit summary which will list the components you have completed as part of your course.
Please note: the completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification, but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. If you are looking for a course that will lead to a teaching assistant qualification, please consider enrolling on our NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning instead.
This course has been endorsed by the Quality License Scheme for its high-quality course materials. This course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme who endorse high-quality, non-regulated provisions and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
This course has been benchmarked at level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
The Quality License Scheme’s endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
If after completing this course, you decide you wish to pursue a career as a teaching assistant, we recommend studying our NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning which will lead to you becoming a fully qualified teaching assistant.
You do not need any previous knowledge or experience to enrol on this course. However, it may be beneficial to your career in education if you have a level 2 qualification in literacy and numeracy.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments.
- Dedicated personal tutor support with unlimited email access.
- Dedicated learner services from our learner services team.
- Course materials with learning activities.
- Assignment marking and feedback from your personal tutor.
- A free CV critique service and employability guide if you’re focusing on career advancement.
- A free XO Student Discounts membership to save you money on your favourite brands.
- A study pack including a pen, study planner, and notebook*.
* Not included with the online study option
You will complete your assignments from home and send your work to your tutor for them to mark. They will return the assignment to you once they have marked it with detailed feedback and pointers for your next assignment.
No, everything you need is included in the cost of your course.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.