Teaching Assistant QLS Level 2
Develop your knowledge of the role of a teaching assistant with this level 2 course!
- Explore the role of teaching assistants in schools and how they support teaching and learning activities
- Understand the safeguarding legislation and practises you need to know about when working in a school environment
- Learn how to communicate with children and young adults and build positive working relationships
- Study how you can support children and young people’s development as well as providing effective support for your colleagues
This course will allow you to study when and where you want, at your own pace. All coursework can be submitted by post or email making it simple and hassle-free.
All of the materials will be sent to you by post or email, so it couldn’t be easier. Our experienced and friendly tutors are always a click away by email, giving you a full years-worth of support and advice to help get you through your course!
Up to one year.
Approximately 100 hours.
You will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
This Teaching Assistant course will be assessed by a series of written assignments, which are marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
- How teaching assistants can support the teacher in planning, teaching and evaluation of the learning activities.
- The stages of planning.
- Problems that may occur when supporting learning activities.
- Strategies a teaching assistant may use to support pupils learning.
- Providing feedback on learning activities to the teacher.
- Communicating and developing positive working relationships with children and young people.
- Communicating with adults.
- Differences in communicating with adults and children.
- Disagreements with adults and children.
- Communication difficulties.
- The role and responsibilities of the teaching assistant.
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of others in the school team
- The role of external professionals.
- Maintaining good working relationships.
- Professional practice within schools.
- Legislation, policies, and procedures for safeguarding children.
- Prepare and maintain a safe working environment for children.
- The procedures and actions in response to an emergency in school.
- Types of abuse that children may experience.
- Behaviour management.
- Understanding physical, emotional, communication, social and behavioural development.
- Observation methods used to record learning and development.
- Transitions that children may experience.
- Structures of education.
- Specialist schools.
- Legislation and school policies.
- The national curriculum.
- The Office for Standards in Education (OFSTED).
- The primary framework.
- Early years foundation stage.
This teaching assistant course will be assessed by a series of written assignments, which are marked by your tutor. There is no external examination required.
You may start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. We suggest that the course will take approximately 100 hours to complete. This is more than enough time to give you flexibility and work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
You will study this course by distance learning, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work, it is completely up to you. All your materials will be posted or emailed to you online, whichever you choose. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Please note: The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. If you are looking for a fully recognised teaching assistant qualification, take a look at our NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. We will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example, progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the ABC Awards and Certa Awards website.
This course has been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of knowledge and understanding that you would expect at this level.
You do not need any previous knowledge to enrol onto this course. Although it may be beneficial for you to have a Level 2 qualification in English.
You can start at any time and have a full year to complete your studies. It is truly flexible and is designed to be adaptable around your lifestyle and other commitments. As this is a short course you may find that you complete it well under a year.
- Dedicated personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
- *Comprehensive study guide
- *Open Study College pen and highlighter
- *Student study planner
- *Student notebook
- *Document wallet
* Not included with the online study option
You will send your work to your personal course tutor for them to mark and return to you.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.