Hotel and Hospitality Level 4 and 5
Improve your hotel and hospitality knowledge from the comfort of your own home, and achieve an Ofqual regulated Level 4 and 5 Diploma in Hotel and Hospitality.
- Understand the food and beverage options in the industry, as well as the food safety and hygiene regulations you need to comply with.
- Learn more about the scope of global tourism and the factors that affect the industry.
- Study the supply chain systems in the hospitality industry and how the supply chain can help you achieve a competitive edge.
- Improve your knowledge of conference and events management and the processes and considerations involved.
- Understand how to manage people in a hospitality environment and the key principles of human resource management.
Combining both levels 4 and 5, this course provides you with the skills and knowledge required to succeed within the hotel and hospitality industry.
It is ideal for:
- Students who want to begin or further their career in the hotel and hospitality industry.
- Learners that want to go onto university and further learning.
- Those aspiring to develop their knowledge and skills in areas such as food and beverage supply, account and cost control and more.
This course provides you with the equivalent skills and education of the first two years of an undergraduate degree, at a pace that suits you.
Up to five years
You will receive a Qualifi Level 4 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management (603/4399/0) and Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management (603/4404/0).
You must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education
Online and written assignments.
Qualifi Level 4 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management (603/4399/0) and Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management (603/4404/0).
- Understand food and beverages operations and the processes involved, including production and service.
- Learn why it is necessary to comply with regulations and management procedures for ensuring food safety.
- Explore the role of the housekeeping department within hospitality and the impact it has on operations.
- Discover the importance of customer-focused hospitality in a competitive environment and develop the skills to deliver excellent customer service to exceed the expectations of customers.
- Understand the role of the front office within hospitality and the impact it has on operations.
- Gain an understanding of the principles of hospitality costing and the contents of key financial statements used, along with the basic accounting techniques used to produce and analyse them.
- Explore the size and scope of hospitality and global tourism and the effect it has on the growth of its brand.
- Learn the fundamental principles of marketing and how it relates to the hospitality organisation.
- Discover the concept of employee engagement and its key components, and how it can influence an organisation within hospitality.
- Explore different methods of training identification in hospitality as well as planning, designing, delivering and evaluating its effectiveness within an organisation.
- Develop and understanding of supply chain systems and how these are relevant within food and beverage preparation within hospitality both domestically and globally.
- Understand quality and quality management and its role within a hospitality setting and analyse and evaluate a quality management system within an organisation.
- Discover the operational issues that form the basis for successful events and conferences.
- Learn the importance of customer relationship management (CRM) within hospitality and understand how to proceed to ensure effectiveness.
- Recognise the key principles of management behaviour, styles, responsibilities and skills and the effectiveness of management within different organisational structures.
- Recognise the key principles of human resource management (HRM) and the issues that managers must consider when carrying out their duties, in addition to understanding how current legislation impacts human resources within hospitality.
- Discover the key elements of revenue management and how this affects pricing within hospitality, particularly bedrooms. Understand and be able to implement yield management practices and overbooking policies.
- Understand key principles of corporate social responsibility (CSR) and the impact hotels have on social, cultural and environmental factors.
- Gain an understanding of the nature and impact of contemporary issues that affect hospitality, and the need for flexibility.
- Understand how to create a business plan for a hotel or hospitality organisation.
This course is assessed through online assessments and written assignments. Once you have completed each module, you will be provided with an online assessment of 30 multiple-choice questions to complete.
Once each module and online assessment is completed you will be provided with the details for each written assessment. Each assessment is between 3000 – 5000 words long.
You will have access to your course and materials for up to five years. This is more than enough time to give you the flexibility to work at your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
Each module contains 40 guided learning hours of study material, and an additional 30-50 hours of optional materials are also provided. These include resources such as exercises, additional reading, internet resources and self-testing exercises.
You will study this course via distance learning which means you are in control of your learning. Study when and where you choose and at a pace that suits you.
Throughout the duration of your studies, you will have access to one-to-one Skype sessions with your tutor, interactive and informative webinars and an online social learning forum to help you along your journey.
This course is taught via Online Business School.
Upon completion of this course, students will receive a Qualifi Level 4 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management (603/4399/0) and Qualifi Level 5 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management (603/4404/0).
The level 4 modules and assessments are equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate degree, and the level 5 modules and assessments are equivalent to the second year of an undergraduate degree. On completion of this course, students will be able to progress onto a final year of an accredited undergraduate degree programme or equivalent.
This course will allow you to achieve up to 240 credits.
Qualifi are recognised as an awarding organisation by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). Their qualifications meet the demands of employers and learners both vocationally and academically. Qualifi allow learners to achieve degrees and masters degrees through their progression routes with universities.
In order to enrol onto this course, you must be at least 18 years of age and have completed secondary education.
You may start at any time and have up to five years to complete your studies. This course is truly flexible and adaptable around your lifestyle.
No. This course is assessed based on tutor-marked assignments.
No, everything you need is included in the price!
Each online multiple-choice assessment will be marked immediately, and the results will be shown on screen.
Once you have completed your written assessments, these will be marked and returned to you. On successful completion of the course, you will be awarded your certificate.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you're 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our team of education specialists a call on 03300 563 100 and they'll do their best to help.