Edexcel Functional Skills Maths Level 2
Learn maths skills needed in everyday situations and gain an official functional skills qualification...
- Fully recognised Edexcel Maths Functional Skills Level 2
- Ideal for learners returning to education
- Understand fractions, addition, subtraction and multiplication in a practical context
- Discover maths skills needed in everyday contexts
- Choose to study online or from a course pack
- Learn at your own pace, in your own environment
- Exams can be included and these are booked for you
Learn maths skills needed in everyday situations and gain a qualification equivalent to Maths GCSE with our Maths Functional Skills Level 2 qualification. Apply maths to everyday contexts, in work and life. Understand numbers, ratios and algebra. Work out the perimeter, volume and circumference of shapes.
Ideal for students returning to study or as an entry requirement for further education, maths Functional Skills Level 2 will open opportunities for you both in work and further study.
Please note, you can take this course without completing exams, but you will not receive the full qualification.
Up to 1 year.
You will receive your Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in Maths Level 2 (you must take the exams to achieve this).
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
1 paper-based exam.
- Positive and negative numbers
- Addition and subtraction in a practical context
- Multiplication and division in a practical context
- Factors and multiples
- Fractions and Decimals
- Scaling quantities
- Using map scales
- Converting percentages, fractions and decimals
- Compound interest
- Substituting equations
- Simplifying equations and multiplying out brackets
- Changing the subject of an equation
- Solving simple equations
- Unit conversion
- Speed, distance and time
- Perimeter and area of 2D shapes
- 3D shapes
- Elevations and plans
- Qualitative and quantitative data
- Continuous and discrete data
- Simple statistical tests on data
- Graphs and charts
- Comparing data
- Understanding probability
In order to complete your qualification, you will have to sit one exam at the end of your study. Your exams are included. If you add these on, just let us know when you are ready to sit the exam, and we will book this for you!
Please note, if you add on your exams, our exams are held in Birmingham, Manchester and London. You need to ensure you are able to travel to one of these locations.
The course materials include an optional assessment at the end of each unit, which you can submit to your tutor for grading and feedback. These assessments do not contribute to your qualification but are good practice for your final exam.
The exam consists of 1 paper which has 2 sections.
You have up to 1 full year to complete the course starting from your enrolment. During this time, you have access to your course materials and tutor support. You can study at your own pace throughout the year.
Study this course around your busy life and schedule. Whether you want to study at home in your favourite spot on the sofa, at your favourite coffee shop or on public transport, as long as you have your course materials, you are able to study!
Choose to study online or from a course pack, and study at a pace that suits you. Your course pack will include self-assessment exercises and tutor-marked study questions, so you can monitor your progress.
Tutor support is available through email, so help is only a click away!
To gain the full Functional Skills Maths qualification students must sit an exam at an external exam centre.
Once you have successfully completed your course, you will receive your Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification in Maths Level 2.
Edexcel is a highly respected and recognised awarding body and their qualifications allow learners to succeed in life, learning and employment.
Successful students will be able to progress to:
Further maths study such as GCSE
Progress higher in the workplace
Study further vocational study
- Duration: 25 minutes
- Weighting: 25%
- Marks: 16 in total
- Assessment format: onscreen or paper-based assessment
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Weighting: 75%
- Marks: 48 in total
- Assessment format: onscreen or paper-based assessment
There are no formal course requirements, but it is recommended that students are confident using a laptop or computer. This is because some external exam centres may host onscreen only exams.
- Personal tutor support
- Dedicated student support
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE XO Student Discounts card
- FREE CV critique service
- FREE employability guide to help you impress future employers
Our Study Pack Option includes:
- Comprehensive study guide
- Open Study College pen and highlighter
- Student study planner
- Document wallet
Yes. In order to achieve the full qualification, you must sit an exam at an external exam centre. The exam and booking can be included. If you add these on, just let us know when you want to sit your exam and we will book for you!
If you add these on, exams take place throughout the year (including weekends) in Birmingham, Bolton, Doncaster or London. You must make sure you are able to travel to one of these centres.
There are no extra fees. Everything you need to achieve your qualification is included within the cost.
It's not a problem. We offer a course replacement service, so if you get into trouble and your course pack is lost or damaged, our Student Support Team can provide you with a new set of materials for a one-time additional fee.
That's not a problem. We want to make sure you’re 100% confident about enrolling on the course and starting your study. So, just give our Student Adviser Team a call on 03300 563 100 and they’ll do their best to help.